Dismiss this notice
Hey, guest! Welcome to Trouble Cube! Stay a while and chat with us!

Bottled Time
The last thing you saw before waking up was an instructional video, on a roll of film. The overall quality was poor, but you could make out the gist of what the speaker, one Isaac Merlin Rosenberg, was saying.

“Greetings! As you know, you have officially applied for a position in the Ministry of Time. See, we believe in this thing called the Natural Code. Supposedly written by Father Time himself, this important document details the exact way things must proceed in the universe, all the way up to its end. Our job is to enforce the Natural Code by any means necessary, as even an insignificant person grabbing a hamburger will mean catastrophe if it is not stated in the Code. Thus, if it isn't stated, we quickly revise history, which can be done in just a few button presses.”

“But many people are not happy with the Ministry. A radical group known as the Kronos Rebellion has been steadily rising to power, and thus we have implemented the position you are applying for: Time Cops. Their job is to find Kronos Rebellion members, and then turn them in to the Ministry. Unfortunately, recent reports have shown that Kronos members have infiltrated certain sectors of the Time Cops, including your sector, 36 Alpha. Your goal is to snuff out all of the infiltrating members, and prevent the death of too many Time Cops. Your training facility is located in a sectioned-off area of Siberia, where you will receive further instructions from your official sergeant, Nikei Yomiuri. By the time this video ends, you will be asleep, and wake up at your location, or at least reasonably close to it. This is Isaac Merlin Rosenberg, or Mr. Merlin, saying goodbye.”

Gameplay
Gameplay isn't much to write home about here. It's your standard arrangement: if you're a townie, or Time Cop, hope to God that you aren't murdered, try and use your special skill (if you have one) strategically, and try to find the killer when a murder happens. If you're scum, or a Kronos Rebellion member, you have to kill people and use your special skills, then, when the day rolls around, do your best to not look suspicious. Actions you want us to respond to must be preceded by >, and they will be processed in a roll to dodge format.
1: You fail miserably, and probably injure yourself.
2: You fail.
3: You get something good, but not quite what you wanted to do.
4: You succeed.
5: This is the best outcome you can hope for. Needless to say, a success.
6: You still succeed, but at a cost, which most frequently is an injury.

Areas
There are seven time periods that can be accessed via rifts close to the Base Camp, and descriptions of each will be added here as they are discovered. The Base Camp's description is also here.

Base Camp: There are soundproofed tents for every Time Cop plus the hosts, surrounding a campfire, which doubles as the trial area. Portals to all the different time periods are nearby, and the rest is featureless Siberian plains.

Roles
Kronos Rebellion:

The Sniper
Once per game, you can perform a special kill on anybody that is not part of your team. (If you target the Wannabe with this, they will be recruited instead, and you'll conserve your shot.) No evidence will be found, not even a body.

The Wannabe
You do not know who your other scum teammates are, and your teammates know you exist, but not who you are. If you are targeted to be killed, you will instead become a vanilla killer. Also, if both your teammates die before you, you become a vanilla killer.

Trapmaster
You can use your traps on any non-scum person any time you want (the pre-reveal Wannabe counts for this). They will be unable to perform any special actions. You can also kill people regularly, if you want, but you can't kill and trap simultaneously.

Time Cops:

Intern
There is nothing special about you. But hey... at least you can make coffee, right? There are also four more interns like you around here.

The Samurai
You follow a specific code of honor that only you know about. You have an “Honor Meter”, which goes from 1-5 and starts at 3. When you vote out a Kronos member, the meter increases by 1, but when you eliminate a fellow Time Cop, it decreases by 1. If the meter is at 1, you get a -1 penalty to investigating, but if it's at 5, you get a +1 bonus instead. (Should you roll a 6, it becomes a 5.)

The Alien
You have a very special gift. Every night, you can choose a specific person to form a Discord group with, for ease of sharing information. Everyone you use this power on is added to the group.

The Jack of All Trades
You're a bona fide Renaissance person. You have three one-use powers that you can use at any time. The first allows you to investigate any player and get told 3 roles, one of which is their role. The second allows you to prevent any player from being murdered. The third thwarts any attempts made on your life. Use these powers wisely....

The Vigilante
Every night, you may shoot somebody. If they are innocent, they live and you die, but if they're scum, you live and they die.

Rules
1: Godmodding will not be tolerated.
2: Being a dick IC will be tolerated to a certain extent. Being a dick OOC will not.
3: Do not reveal your roles under any circumstances. The only way roles can be revealed is if you get murdered or executed.
4: Don't cheat. Don't reveal PMs the host gave you, don't reveal info you know ooc but not ic, etc
5: I don't feel like I have to say this, but no doing stuff that's obviously wrong, like what Bill's Brother did.
6: If you need to take a leave of absence, that's okay, but you need to tell us. Turbolurking is frowned upon. And do not gamethrow just to leave: you can ask for a replacement.

And our cast is...

1: Evil Jay Leno, by MatthewLM ( But does he have the chin of Jay Leno? )
2: Future Luke Triton, by KungFuCutbug ( This reminds me of a puzzle. )
3: Pinky and the Brain, by PointMaid ( We're gonna do what we always do... )
4: Kennifer, by Ozbourne ( The more you flip a coin, the more likely it is to end up tails... )
5: Alex and Eve, by DookieIdiotNimrod ( Mad Max, but... not at all like Mad Max, actually. )
6: Madelyn and Jeffrey, by CustardAndPie ( You Mad-elyn, Bro? )
7: Officer Olivia Thyme, by Heather ( Waluigi Thyme )
8: Dio Brando, by Billy5545 ( ZA WARUDO! )
9: Adobe Flash, by Oggy123 ( FLASH, AAAAAH )
10: Cool Sendri, by MadameButterflyKnife ( Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 6 )
11: Reisen Udongein Inaba, by MOARPYLONZ ( What's up, Doc? )
12: Roxy, by ElliotTheUnknown ( BORK. )

————-

All the Time Cops that signed up wake up in their respective camps. Immediately outside is their head sergeant, Nikei Yomiuri, sitting next to the campfire.
Greetings! I am Nikei Yomiuri, the head sergeant of your sector, 36 Alpha. You probably all already know me, but I was just making sure you definitely knew. You probably also know who your fellow Time Cops are, but just in case, why not introduce yourselves?
For my next trick, how about I kick your ass?
Alex is the first to speak.

“Five more minutes!”
why do they call it oven when you of in the cold food of out hot eat the food
A purple-haired, red-eyes girl with rabbit ears emerges...

Greetings to you all. I am Reisen Udongein Inaba, and I am a former Moon Rabbit turned Earth Rabbit. I am pleased to meet all of you...

Reisen greets everyone with a bright smile on her face.
I don't understand any of this... I'm in a world of complete insanity...
[Out comes a 20-something British gentleman, decked out in muted blues and browns. He tips his newsboy cap to Nikei with a small smile on his face.] “Ah. Hello, there. You would be Nikei Yomiuri, yes? It's good to finally meet you, boss. I'm... Luke Triton.”
SYMPTOMATIC
THIS DISEASE
SO DRAMATIC
PANIC AUTOMATICALLY
A plant alien skateboards out of their camp, and does a kickflip as they head to the campfire. MAN, THISS PLACE ISS TUBULAR. GLAD FLORAN ASSSSIGNED THEMSSELVESS TO IT.

They sit down, and kick their feet up onto one of the logs. NICE TO SSEE YOU, NIKEI. NAME'SS SSENDRI, THOUGH EVERYONE CALLSS ME COOL SSENDRI. FOR OBVIOUSS REASSONSS.

and i may not be loved
but they'll always recall my name
out on the streets, but i do what i gotta do

And there was this man with a large chin, who looked exactly like late-night talk show host Jay Leno, except something was off about him. It was the fact he had devil horns protruding out of the sides of his head.

How ya doin' there, everyone. I'm Evil Jay Leno, host of the Evil Tonight Show. But don't let my name fool ya, that's my actual name, see?

He pulls out a piece of paper from his pocket, which happens to be his birth certificate and he shows everyone there that his name really is "EVIL JAY LENO".
I like bananas. They're yellow.
You may call me The Brain. My associate is Pinky, says a small, very large headed mouse. The slightly taller, skinnier mouse with far less large a head right next to him just says, Narf!
Murdergames Characters
Frankie * Dr. Ruby Ramirez * Solanacae Bakersby * Sam BlackSelen(ium) * Reina Schultz * Dr. Francine "Frankie" Frankenstein * Lotta Schadenfreude

Need a bigger bookshelf? Join me in The Library.
Would you look at that? That's already a third of the Time Cops accounted for.
Make that half, then.
THAT'SS TUBULAR. ANYWAYSS, NICE TO MEET YOU. GUESSSSING MOSST ITEMSS ARE SSET UP FOR USS TO GET TO WORK?

and i may not be loved

Kennifer is a bit slower to awaken, but yeah she's totally been there the whole time.

"Hi, everybody... name's Kennifer. Yeah, I know it's odd. It's a long story."
Stupid doomed timeline...
A dog with a bowtie on her ear speaks from the corner of the room.  "Hey, my name is Roxy," she said, "...I'm a dog.  I'm not sure why some time protection agency needs a dog, but hey, I'm here."
Your assignment isn't actually that hard. Only equipment needed, I'd say, is these clothes.

(Nikei wheels out a giant bin full of assorted clothes, custom-fit for all sorts of climates.)

You've probably noticed the time rifts nearby. Well, your task is to venture into those rifts so we can see where they lead to, and report back to the Ministry so they can send in the Rift Containment Unit. Do you guys understand?
You can count on us, sir!, Evil Jay proudly says with a salute.
"Yeah, I think so."

Kennifer is already rummaging through the clothes to find some in her size.
Stupid doomed timeline...
Cool Sendri nods at Nikei, and gives a peace sign. YOU GOT IT, BRO! FLORAN'SS GOT THISS, DON'T WORRY!

and i may not be loved

A fem-looking person - not a girl, per se, so much as a gender hoarder - with a good half their body replaced with cyborg parts is also sitting by the campfire.

"Yo," Eri says with a wave.

Those who've been paying attention will be quite certain he wasn't here a moment ago.
Active characters:
Lucky (Party Two Treason, Murderverse Falls)

nya
...Yes. I believe so. I hope you have clothing small enough for us.

The alternative would be embarassing, wouldn't it, Brain?

...Quite.
Murdergames Characters
Frankie * Dr. Ruby Ramirez * Solanacae Bakersby * Sam BlackSelen(ium) * Reina Schultz * Dr. Francine "Frankie" Frankenstein * Lotta Schadenfreude

A tall, red-haired woman with oversized sweater sleeves scratches her head.

Huh, doesn't look too bad actually.

The African Grey parrot on her shoulder doesn't care. He's busy preening his tail feathers.

I refuse to be polite or heterosexual

Roger!

Reisen's response is akin to a soldier responding to their orders...

Without haste, Reisen begins to look for clothes in their size...
I don't understand any of this... I'm in a world of complete insanity...
Evil Jay Leno begins searching through the clothes for something that fits him.
Madelyn rummages through the clothes, looking for some in her size while trying to keep Jeffrey from poking holes into the fabric.

Jeffrey! We're probably not gonna get compensated for that!

I refuse to be polite or heterosexual

Pinky and Brain do likewise, looking to see if there's anything mouse-sized...
Murdergames Characters

Cool Sendri walks back out, carrying multiple sets of clothes that can be best described as both "practical" and "the total definition of totally radical". SSO! WHEN DO WE SSTART?

and i may not be loved

"Well, that sounds... easy enough..."
Roxy rummaged through the uniform box and soon found one that fit her... oddly well.  Roxy couldn't help but feel suspicious, but she remained silent.