Dismiss this notice
Hey, guest! Welcome to Trouble Cube! Stay a while and chat with us!

Like Tears in Rain
“So…what happened to him?”

Helena is more optimistic about the Terminator disappearing…as long as some stuff is cleared up.
why do they call it oven when you of in the cold food of out hot eat the food
Um... Greetings.
I don't understand any of this... I'm in a world of complete insanity...
Kaworu, after finishing up the last 10 minutes of Ode To Joy, rejoins the rest with the new girl.

"Ah, the Lilin's music is quite incredible, isn't it?"
BOW DOWN BEFORE THE ONE YOU SERVE
YOU'RE GOING TO GET WHAT YOU DESERVE
(12-18-2021, 17:59:52 PM)Dookie Wrote: “So…what happened to him?”

Helena is more optimistic about the Terminator disappearing…as long as some stuff is cleared up.

The AI's discuss this between themselves.

We're not entirely sure why, but the timeline lurched. We returned the Terminator to its previous location. In its stead, we brought in this young woman to take its place.
Murdergames Characters
Frankie * Dr. Ruby Ramirez * Solanacae Bakersby * Sam BlackSelen(ium) * Reina Schultz * Dr. Francine "Frankie" Frankenstein * Lotta Schadenfreude

Need a bigger bookshelf? Join me in The Library.
Uhh.... yeah. Heard the end of it when I came in. Quite nice, she says, looking down, adjusting her glasses.
I like bananas. They're yellow.
"So he still exists, just... not here? Okay. Okay, that's okay."

Amy attempts to calm herself down and smiles kind of shakily at the newcomer.
Stupid doomed timeline...
"Do not worry! Erasure from the timeline is a risk, I must admit. But if my calculations are correct, and you act according to my simulations, this will be the last of these timeline disruptions."

and i may not be loved
but they'll always recall my name
out on the streets, but i do what i gotta do

<And MORI over there isn't going to have any effect on that, I'm sure> Charis signs, not bothering to pick up her phone just to snark at a robot.
Active characters:
Lucky (Party Two Treason, Murderverse Falls)

nya
The drone looks to Charis. "I can understand you, you know. I am programmed with extensive knowledge of many languages, including sign languages. Your snark won't go unnoticed."

and i may not be loved

(12-19-2021, 00:01:57 AM)MadameButterflyKnife Wrote: "Do not worry! Erasure from the timeline is a risk, I must admit. But if my calculations are correct, and you act according to my simulations, this will be the last of these timeline disruptions."

"...I-...I dunno exactly what "timeline erasure" and "timeline disruption" are about, but they don't sound like they mean anything good."
Very interesting...first person to consume solid objects through liquid methods.

quote list
W H O T U R N E D O N T H E L I G H T S

E N D L E S S  F U N

ENTITY SUCCUMBED; INVALID

She's got three murders under her belt, views are gonna be skewed

"It isn't."
"Though it is a necessary evil."
"How is risking the foundation of the multiverse through annihilation of persons necessary?"
"It's either that or risk the certainty of doomed timelines. You all will be a minor casualty. Although I will state again. I don't know what happened to that robot."

and i may not be loved

The woman starts to shake nervously upon hearing all about "timeline erasure" and "timeline disruption" Why am I here? Why are any of us? What purpose can we possibly have? Surely we're all not part of the big scheme of things. And I really doubt I am.
"Why, don't sell yourself short! Have you heard about the butterfly effect, Olivia? A thought experiment in chaos theory. The specific concept of a butterfly flapping its wings and causing a hurricane was solidified in "A Sound of Thunder", a 1952 short story by Ray Bradbury. But the point still stands. Even if you believe your presence in this world is weak, your lifeline does not exist in a vacuum. The butterfly on its own lives a short, two week life. To mate and die. But to those in the wake of the hurricane its wings create, it is anything but a speck."

and i may not be loved

I.... I guess... though I felt like a speck my whole life, so.... I don't know.

All this stemming from the fact that she had a lifetime living with broken confidence. Feeling like that she never had much belonging in anyone's life. She yearned for it. But her own nature made it difficult for her. But maybe if she got something to eat, maybe that can help get her in a more comfortable spot. She decides to

> search the kitchen for a snack and a nice little drink
> search the kitchen for a snack and a nice little drink

As Olivia searches through the kitchen, she manages to find some chips, some cookies, and some bottled drinks. Eat up.

and i may not be loved

"It's just that I know what it feels like, to stop existing... I can't let that happen again."

Amy shudders, finishes her cookie, and looks for something with some alcohol in it. A beer would be fine if there's some left. She's ordinarily not much of a drinker, but with this talk she needs it.
>find some beer

Amy finds some bottled beer in the fridge after some searching. Bottoms up!

and i may not be loved

As Olivia snacks on her cookies, she freezes up upon hearing Amy talking about how she stopped existing.

S.... stop existing?...
"Yeah... I had a terminal condition. At the time I was told if I was murdered and left a body behind, I could be brought back whole and healthy by the Avatar of Life. That didn't happen, and..."

She paused, downed half the bottle of beer, then continued. She may as well, as long as she was already on the subject.

"At first it felt like one of those sensory deprivation chambers or something, just me and my thoughts. Then... not even that. Next thing I knew I apparently existed again but I don't know how that happened or how long I was... well, how long I was gone."

And there goes the rest of the bottle as Amy reaches for a second one.
Olivia's heart sank up hearing Amy's story.

I.... I.... don't normally drink myself, but...

She makes a grab for a bottle herself and downs it. The fear rushing through her mind right now, she has to drown it out, otherwise she doesn't think she'll make it.
"...yeah, it's fucked. As a close friend of hers, that messed with my feelings too."
Very interesting...first person to consume solid objects through liquid methods.

quote list
W H O T U R N E D O N T H E L I G H T S

E N D L E S S  F U N

ENTITY SUCCUMBED; INVALID

She's got three murders under her belt, views are gonna be skewed

(12-19-2021, 01:13:41 AM)MadameButterflyKnife Wrote: The drone looks to Charis. "I can understand you, you know. I am programmed with extensive knowledge of many languages, including sign languages. Your snark won't go unnoticed."

<Oh, good, that means I don't have to pick up my phone,> Charis signs, continuing to cook what has to be like the fiftieth pizza in the kitchen at this point.
Active characters:
Lucky (Party Two Treason, Murderverse Falls)

nya
...We're going to have to get more supplies for the food replicator at this rate, BOB-B sends to MORI-RT

This was mostly your idea, you deal with it.
Murdergames Characters
Frankie * Dr. Ruby Ramirez * Solanacae Bakersby * Sam BlackSelen(ium) * Reina Schultz * Dr. Francine "Frankie" Frankenstein * Lotta Schadenfreude

Need a bigger bookshelf? Join me in The Library.
"Yeah, it was... Something I'd rather not go through again. There's a reason I always do the yadda-yadda over that part."
The yadda-yadda... Olivia is feeling quite tipsy at this point. Such a funny word. Yadda-yadda-yadda... she lets out a slight chuckle over it. But yeah, I can see why. Scary....