Dismiss this notice
Hey, guest! Welcome to Trouble Cube! Stay a while and chat with us!

[Video Games] Friday Night Funkin'
Friday Night Funkin' is a Newgrounds rhythm game styled after Dance Dance Revolution, and is considered a celebration of Flash games as a whole. You play as the aptly titled "Boyfriend", and in order to win over your girlfriend you must conquer challenges such as her parents, dancing Halloween children, a gun-toting child hailing from the early days of Newgrounds, and more!
I've beaten every Week on Hard. I think my favorite is Week 5—it's just so new and intriguing.
I still like Week 3 the best but Week 5 is a lot of fun

Winter Horrorland is... interesting lol
SYMPTOMATIC
THIS DISEASE
SO DRAMATIC
PANIC AUTOMATICALLY
Week 2

it's the best one

dont even TRY to refute me because im objectively right
it only has 2 songs
SYMPTOMATIC
THIS DISEASE
SO DRAMATIC
PANIC AUTOMATICALLY
they're good songs though
I even like Week 3 better than Week 2.
Week 2's songs are both good, yes, but literally the only reason I like Week 3 better is because it has 3 good songs while Week 2 just has 2

Monster also just freaks me out but it's technically not part of Week 2 sooo
SYMPTOMATIC
THIS DISEASE
SO DRAMATIC
PANIC AUTOMATICALLY
personal headcanons

dad - i think it's something like 'yo i know u may be worried for ur daughter, but i'm a guy that loves music and loves yo daughter even more', and boyfriend is just trying to prove himself
which is why i believe the week 1 songs are kinda chill despite Dad being an ex rockstar or something

skid and pump - it's halloween and like anyone who is not the star of a pelo cartoon you're just trying to survive being another casualty in their silly shenanigans

pico - now this IS a rap battle! or if we're going with the 'boyfriend is bi and he dated pico' thing maybe its like. trying to talk to an ex and parting in amicable ways?

idk for mom and week 5 tho
it is me. awe921, the greatest face in all of koridai
oh hey it's the game I should really get around to playing

Looks pretty fun though
Glitchy Bootleg Lasers
I'm thinking about the B-Sides mod again

great mod with mostly great music, but how did they make Dad Battle worse of a song than it was before? the original song's amazing, but the B-Sides version just... doesn't sound right

B-Side Spookeez and Blammed are GOATed though

oh and there's the “C-Side” remix of MILF which is also GOATed
SYMPTOMATIC
THIS DISEASE
SO DRAMATIC
PANIC AUTOMATICALLY
Is it me, or are Monster's left and right sprites swapped?
no, it's definitely not you

that was a bug that was present in the original Monster level, so I guess the devs kept it like that for Winter Horrorland as a reference to it (and also maybe to showcase how backwards the Lemon Demom really is in comparison to the rest of the world he currently resides in)
SYMPTOMATIC
THIS DISEASE
SO DRAMATIC
PANIC AUTOMATICALLY
WEEK 6 OUT

I'll play it later.
Why does everyone think The Boyfriend's name is Keith and/or Evan, anyway?
because people are... dumb
I think Keith came from a tweet Ninjamuffin made and Evan is from a mishearing of Monster's lyrics (“and then I'm gonna eat your girlfriend” -> “Evan, I'm gonna eat your girlfriend”)
SYMPTOMATIC
THIS DISEASE
SO DRAMATIC
PANIC AUTOMATICALLY
holy SHIT the Week 6 songs are one banger after the other

although... an anime protagonist-looking pretty boy who's secretly being possessed by a red-colored, body-snatching blob of pixels? “Hmm... Where have I heard that one before?”

edit: actually, now that I think about it, swapping Senpai for Ikei and the Spirit for Metabomb would be a pretty good idea for a mod... now if only I knew how to mod
SYMPTOMATIC
THIS DISEASE
SO DRAMATIC
PANIC AUTOMATICALLY
How do you pause?
just gonna say my opinions on the Week 6 songs for no reason other than I'm bored
  • Senpai - fucking adorable background score, and the parts where Senpai and the BF harmonize make me really happy for no explicable reason, but it's hard to hear Senpai's vocals at some points because of how deep he sings; there's a part of it near-ish the beginning that reminds me of Satin Panties so that's cool
  • Roses - ...I still like Week 3 better than Week 6 overall, but this is HANDS DOWN MY FAVORITE SONG IN THE GAME SO FAR! I could listen to this shit for hours, man, Kawai Sprite please put the song on Apple Music or Spotify already you coward
  • Thorns - guys I found the Metabomb prototype /j pretty catchy on its own and kinda gives me Undertale/Earthbound vibes... gets repetitive after a while though, and creeps me out a little (which I guess it's supposed to do??); also I'm genuinely surprised that they didn't change the voice blips for this one
SYMPTOMATIC
THIS DISEASE
SO DRAMATIC
PANIC AUTOMATICALLY
Seriously, how do you pause?
I don't think you can? I've been sorta able to by minimising the window I was playing on, but I don't know if there's a dedicated key for it.
[Image: bb0ecb42111c57f72c68ae22416ffcb828b3ff47.gif]
I've since learned you can do it by pressing Enter.
AA! EE! OO!
audiojungle.
it is me. awe921, the greatest face in all of koridai
Downloaded a bunch of mods.
—FNF Minus assets
—B-Sides music
—ENA as Boyfriend
—Also an XML file that fixes the Monster's left and right sprites

I wish I could provide a picture, but the game won't let me