Dismiss this notice
Hey, guest! Welcome to Trouble Cube! Stay a while and chat with us!

The Trouble Cube Tournament Arc!
The journey here was brief enough - the Tournament Arc's planners saw your application, deemed you alright, and arranged a high-speed rail journey to the arena. You remember looking out of the window, and seeing that white, black, and teal monolith of modern design.

Now you've arrived properly, and are now in the lobby. You haven't spoken to your seven competitors in the room yet - you hadn't had any chance to do so prior, and it's only been a few seconds since the robotic guards finished their checks. There isn't much in the lobby - just a few seats, some occupied, and a stack of maps on the desk.

A loud, female voice blares over some sort of intercom. "Alright, competitors, we're still setting up a few things on our end - press, spectators, and a few technical difficulties involving the arena. In the meantime, it wouldn't be too bad for you to get to know your new friends - or enemies - a little, would it?"

map

OOC: For those of you who haven't seen the signup thread, signups are closed for now (unless someone drops out). And for those of you who have, roleplay here is basically free game. The only rules are about combat:

* When fighting, two six-sided dice are rolled; one for the attacker, and one for the defender. Certain things, such as armour, weapon proificency, or a sneak attack, may add or remove from the total. The result of the attack is determined from those two numbers. The number of dice may go up if multiple people are being fought at once (which probably won't happen here).

Aside from that, enjoy the game!

Current Competitors:

* The Idol: Hoshimashi Suisei (SomeLibre)
* The Flame: Mindy Mercedes (Matthew Somebody)
* The Gem: Jasper (SmilyCube112)
* The Vampire: Amelia Monty (HypeKitty1)
* The Undead: Isoe Santos (MadameButterflyKnife)
* The Spy: Agent Peely (Dookie)
* The Sweetheart: Ariamine Temerity (KungFuCutBug)
* The Magical Girl: Elise (wingedcatgirl)
A young man walks into the lobby. He stands out a bit, his whole body, except the area around his eyes, is covered up by clothing; jackets, scarves, gloves, even his face has a mask covering the lower half. He basically runs in, actually, I don't know why I said he walked. As he skids to a stop, nearly falling over if not for a well placed jet of flame balancing him put, he gives a thumbs up and grabs a map. Woah! Man, this place is nice! Never would have dreamed of it!

and i may not be loved
but they'll always recall my name
out on the streets, but i do what i gotta do

A young woman enters the lobby. She casually carries an assault rifle, as if it's just another Tuesday. She picks up a map herself.

"Nice. A place of display of power."
Very interesting...first person to consume solid objects through liquid methods.

quote list
W H O T U R N E D O N T H E L I G H T S

E N D L E S S  F U N

ENTITY SUCCUMBED; INVALID

She's got three murders under her belt, views are gonna be skewed

The young man notices the woman entering, and slides over to her. Oh! Hey there! The name's Isoe, nice to meet you, aren't you pumped to be here?

and i may not be loved

"Name's Suisei. And I am excited."

Suisei enthusiastically lifts her gun up until its tip points at the ceiling.
Very interesting...first person to consume solid objects through liquid methods.

quote list

E N D L E S S  F U N

[There's a short, colorfully-dressed, pink goatlike demon leaning against the wall in the corner, chewing gum and blowing bubbles with it—somehow, they're actual bubbles instead of just bubblegum bubbles, but whatever. They've got a childishly dorky grin on their face as they let out a spew of bubbles every few minutes and pop them one by one with their finger and their tail.]
SYMPTOMATIC
THIS DISEASE
SO DRAMATIC
PANIC AUTOMATICALLY
"WAIT! Wait wait wait... I assume that the safety is on on that thing, Hoshimashi-san. Sorry... force of habit, especially after the last thing I was in charge of. Damn Prof Vacation... at least he paid his insurance."
[The demon takes a break from bubble-blowing to look at Suisei and the robot, snickering to itself for a bit.] "Aw, what a little scaredy-cat. Scared that a little girl's marching band rifle is gonna go off and cap you in the family jewels, hm?~"
SYMPTOMATIC
THIS DISEASE
SO DRAMATIC
PANIC AUTOMATICALLY
"Hey," Suisei remarks. "Chill. I know when to not fire."

quote list

E N D L E S S  F U N

[OOC: This RP was on hold. It is no longer on hold.]
It is at this moment that a tall woman with orange skin wearing what looks like boxing gear shows up. And she does not look like she is in the mood for talking with others, so she just waits in the lobby.
Viking Duck is back from Valhalla, and ready to take all the loot. Also, still a friend to animals.
Then a teenaged girl walks into the lobby. A shaggy-haired one, with a bridge of freckles that goes across her nose. And pretty tomboyish in fashion, just wearing a white t-shirt, blue jeans and sneakers. She's also not one of the more approachable people as she has quite the noticeable scowl on her face. She looks around her surroundings and grabs a map. She leans against the wall as she takes a look at the map.
I like bananas. They're yellow.
"Alright, it seems like everything's in order now. I'll be waiting for you all to arrive at the arena. Thank you for your patience."

Pings

The orange boxer, after hearing this, proceeds to walk to the arena, paying no attention at all to the other people in the lobby.
Viking Duck is back from Valhalla, and ready to take all the loot. Also, still a friend to animals.
Ubfortunately, the orange boxer does not have a choice. The white haired guy runs right at her, his body literally glowing with excitement. Hello! Hey! Nice to meet you, dude! Is that boxing gear? Man, those look like amazing gloves-you know, my friend had some, after work we would have faux boxing fights sometimes for fun-

and i may not be loved

The orange boxer stops, grabs the white-haired guy with her left arm, which showed him the gem embedded in said arm, all while giving him a glare as she said: "Silence. And for your information, I am not what you call a 'dude', I am a Gem, who formerly served the Gem Empire which spanned many galaxies, until those inferior rocks known as the Crystal Gems forced me to flee from them in shame. Do you understand that?"

After having said that, she releases the white-haired guy.
As Suisei walks to the arena, carrying her rifle, she huffs snarkily at seeing Isoe running at Jasper with way too much enthusiasm.

"Classic overenthusiasm."

quote list

E N D L E S S  F U N

As the girl heads into the arena, she stifles a laugh upon hearing the Gem boaat. "Kinda takin' dis way too seriously, aren't ya", she says in her heavy New York accent.
I like bananas. They're yellow.
Isoe glows even brighter. His body seems to be fully engulged in a blue light at this point. Kinda being an edgy mcedgelord, here, huh? Oh well! That's still pretty cool! The name's Isoe! And I'm...human. Hopefully.

and i may not be loved

"Of course I'm taking this seriously - It's supposed to be taken seriously, since we're fighting each other. Being lax in any way at all will only lead you to failure, so why should I not take it seriously?"
The brown-haired girl in the plain-looking jeans and T-shirt who's been silent until now frowns slightly as she drifts toward the arena with the group.
Active characters:
Lucky (Party Two Treason, Murderverse Falls)

nya
Well, can't you take things seriously and not be so down?! Think about it! We get to fight powerful beings, make eternal bonds, become legendary...what's the sad face for?

and i may not be loved

"You do realise I'm not being sad, right? I am simply stating the truth, nothing more."
Oh. Isoe seems a bit mortified by the fuck up, but he attempts to shake it off. Still! Lighten up! What's your name, anyway?

and i may not be loved

"The one that everyone refers to me by or my real name?"