Dismiss this notice
Hey, guest! Welcome to Trouble Cube! Stay a while and chat with us!

The Trouble Cube Tournament Arc!
Isoe keeps staring at Jasper. She clearly is not fine. You're clearly not fine, I think! I say we talk about it! I'll make you feel better about this!

and i may not be loved
but they'll always recall my name
out on the streets, but i do what i gotta do

jasper shoots Isoe an icy glare before saying: "That's already an impossibility, since you know nothing of my species, do you?"
Viking Duck is back from Valhalla, and ready to take all the loot. Also, still a friend to animals.
Isoe stares for a bit. Uh...I mean, I know a lot about gems and stuff! I've scrapped a bu ch of jewelry back at my job! Industrial diamonds and such!

and i may not be loved

Jasper just facepalms as she replies with: "The scale of that ignorance is an impressive thing to see, because you fail to realise the difference - One is something you humans use as 'cosmetics', as you so put it, while the other is an entire species of sentient polymorphic rocks that managed to conquer many galaxies. And we're still conquering planets at this very moment."

"Is. That. Clear?"
Viking Duck is back from Valhalla, and ready to take all the loot. Also, still a friend to animals.
"And yet I still ended up beatin' ya butt, didn't I?", Mindy snarked at Jasper. "But keep bein' mad. It's funny ta see!"
I like bananas. They're yellow.
Come on, Mindy! She's obviously still sad about losing, maybe we should cheer her up a bit! Hmmm...

Isoe gets an idea, and attempts to shape a little ball of flame in the shape of a gem. Instead, though, he shoots out a jet of flame into the air that he's barely able to get back under control. Fuck, every time I try...you guys alright?!

and i may not be loved

Mindy scoffs before adding, "And I'm supposed to feel sorry for her? Especially someone who feels like talkin' down to everyone she meets? Forgive me if I'm not in da mood to pat her on the back."

She witnesses Isoe accidentally shooting the flame in the air.

"How long you had dese powers? You born with 'em or what?"
"I'm not mad about losing, not one bit. It's just...............how......can I.........return to Homeworld if I lost this early? I just wanted to have some proof to show the Diamonds that I'm still useful to them. I'm not mad at all - In fact, I have no idea how to feel now that I lost this early."
Mindy looks quite surprised over Jasper's response. Here she was just thinking Jasper was somebody arrogant and just needed someone to knock her off that block of hers, to show her some humility. But apparently not. She was just some warrior, taking pride in her abilities and wanting to make something of herself. Whatever these Diamonds were, they sounded like something that can be powerful. Mindy, now starting to feel a bit for the Gem, decides to open up with something more encouraging.

"You know what? Can't keep feelin' down, ya know? All you can do is get better and better. I've lost a few fights myself, even struggled with my fire abilities like this guy here," she says the last part pointing to Isoe. "But ya gotta figure out how to get better. Keep workin' on it, and dat way, you can be a real threat for dese Diamonds, whoever dey are. I'm sure dey didn't get everything down from day 1. Dey had to work at it too. You'll get dere. Keep at it, there'll be other tournaments. You'll win some, I mean it," she finishes off the spiel with a slight smile, something she hardly does around strangers.
Isoe gets up. Yeah! Listen to Mindy, she knows what she's talking about! And as for the powers...long story. Bit of an accident, very much my fault...

and i may not be loved

Jasper, after hearing that, took a good thirty minutes, give or take a few, to think about it, then said this: "You really think I should not be following the orders of my superiors who wish for everything - literally everything - to be perfect, no matter what?"
Look...I totally understand trying to help those you work with and care about! These "diamonds" or whatever, it really seems like you care about them! But look...sometimes, you just got to take a minute to think. Sometimes, all trying to impress others will do is just lead to yours and their downfall...trust me. Just...just focus on trying to have a good time! Focus on making things better, being someone worth being! That's the best way of helping others! And make friends!

and i may not be loved

"Ok, so let me see if I understand this correctly: You're saying that the Diamonds, the all mighty rules of the Gem Empire, have led me wrong in thinking that perfection is the only thing I should be, and I should instead on doing things that humans do?"
...Yes? I think? Christ, am I saying the wrong thing-wait. You say things only humans do. Do people where you're from not have friends?! You must be so lonely!

and i may not be loved

Jasper just sighs, then says: "Era 2's been rough on all Gems, especially since it began after the shattering of Pink Diamond, which was done by those rebels who call themselves the 'Crystal Gems'. I was forced to hide from Homeworld thanks to their efforts."
...But do you have friends?!

and i may not be loved

"No, not really. I could tell that they only called me 'Icy Jasper' out of fear. And it was that fear that kept them from being friends with me."
@wingedcatgirl @Dookie I'm back.

As a lucky coincidence, neither of these actions require rolls

Yep, now Peely's peel is on the roof of the middle train, and Elise has her Lunar Shield up and ready.
"... well that was pointful," Elise mutters, pointing her hand at Peely and

>readying another Snipe.
Active characters:
Lucky (Party Two Treason, Murderverse Falls)

nya
Maybe they thought the icy thing was cool! And even if not...you can make friends here! I'll be your friend!

Isoe pumps his fist up with the power of FRIENDSHIP!!!!!! And also a fireball.

and i may not be loved

“Let's try something else?”

> Disturb the snipe build-up attempt with a face punch
why do they call it oven when you of in the cold food of out hot eat the food
Jasper takes one look at the fireball and says: "I've had enough fire for now. And, don't assume that literally everyone was scared - There was one annoying Gem that wasn't intimidated by me."
Since I was told I could help GM this battle....

Elise: 6

Peely:6

That's a tie!

Elise remains steadfast in her preparation of her Snipe spell, as Peely slams his fist right at Elise's face. Peely manages to hit a weak spot in Elise's shield, causing it to disperse...and the remaining magical energy is sucked up right into Elise's spell. (Translation: Elise is going to get a pretty decent advantage for her snipe spell now, at the cost of now having no shield.)

and i may not be loved

"Hoo boy, can't wait to beat the vampire here..." Suisei says, stretching herself.
Very interesting...first person to consume solid objects through liquid methods.

quote list
W H O T U R N E D O N T H E L I G H T S

E N D L E S S  F U N

ENTITY SUCCUMBED; INVALID

She's got three murders under her belt, views are gonna be skewed

>Blast him!
Active characters:
Lucky (Party Two Treason, Murderverse Falls)

nya