Dismiss this notice
Hey, guest! Welcome to Trouble Cube! Stay a while and chat with us!

[Game] Party to Treason
Eridan has a plan! This is how it goes.

First, he tries to set up solar panels, but this doesn't work out so great. The sky in Allfield is perpetually overcast and frequently rainy, so the panels work at only a small fraction of efficiency at best. The towers sputter and don't function great. The generator ends up being the source of most of the power for the towers. Climbing the moutainside is also a whole issue. Directly climbing the cliff face and avoiding the roads is fairly slow, but it does have more shelter than the road, so he doesn't get soaking wet yet, but he accidently cuts his finger on a piton due to lack of mountaineering experience. He then reaches the four towers, each nigh-on two thousand feet tall, and manually climbs up all of them via the rain-slick stairs and cold metal ladders. It takes hours, and he's soon soaked, but the towers are at least undamaged. He then heads down and slowly (due to severe pain in every body part from the stairs) makes his way to the office, picks the lock, and puts the printouts in the sylladex. They stay reasonably dry, apart from the wet handprint on the edge where he grabbed them.
I am the They who says it!
1. "I think one of Shinji and Rei's missions involved drawing power from all of Tokyo to power a giant sniper rifle. Why not try that? Drain enough power from the city to jam those signals to hell and back!"

2. "Oh, come ON, you're just BEGGING me to use my Eva, aren't you? If Unit 01, a prototype model, is perfectly suited for combat on mountains, then Unit 02, the first REAL model should be even better! And don't think a little rain is gonna loosen my grip, Eva's can grip onto things like their lives depend on it!"

3. "Again, my Eva! Climbing is nothing new to it, it's climbed out of a boiling hot volcano once! I'm sure it can handle a little tower!"

4. "Uhhh…flick the door open with my Eva, and make a bolt for the plans! If I die, I'll be dying for my country, and that's a hell of a way to go out!"
BOW DOWN BEFORE THE ONE YOU SERVE
YOU'RE GOING TO GET WHAT YOU DESERVE
1. I can find you lot a nice, fat, juicy, fast river and make a dam with turbines to give power. Trust me! Oh wait, be sure to have backup wind turbines both at the dam and the array itself, and backup generators, yesiree, backup generators! Haha!

2. [starts actually floating] Ok and? I can just WOOSH up towards there, of course! (Bandu will basically float above the path and fly down the path whilst tracking where it goes. Chaos God powers, baby!)

3. [starts floating REALLY high] WHAT'S UP GAMERS! WE'RE GONNA BE FLYING REAL HIGH THIS TIME! (Bandu will basically float all the way to the top of the towers. Again, Chaos God powers, baby!)

4. (BANDU PROCEEDS TO FRIGGIN TELEPORT RIGHT INTO THE OFFICE, COMPLETELY BYPASSING THE LOCKED DOOR WITH THE TELEPORT, GREETS HIMSELF A BIT, FETCHES THE PRINTOUTS, THEN TELEPORTS BACK. NO JOKE.)

Very interesting...first person to consume solid objects through liquid methods.

quote list
W H O T U R N E D O N T H E L I G H T S

E N D L E S S  F U N

ENTITY SUCCUMBED; INVALID

She's got three murders under her belt, views are gonna be skewed

1. Wind turbines! There's gotta be some wind up there!

2. I have this jetpack feature on my wheelchair, so... yeah! It's still untested, though... But I'll give it a shot! WALKING up the mountain? I'm crippled, that might be an issue!

3. Rope! I'll use rope as a harness, slowly tying up and securing the rope to the tower harness... And then I'll be up there in no time!

4. ... I wonder... Can we just... BUST through the door? Like... here's my idea! Blow off the hinges of the door using bombs! The door will come off and we can get the data! Minimal... ish damage, too! In and out! They'll never know!
I don't understand any of this... I'm in a world of complete insanity...
First, Asuka has a plan! It occurs!

First, shutting off everywhere else's power to get power to the array! Redirecting the power works alright, though getting the power to the array proves tricky when it's discovered there's nothing connecting it to the main grid. A power relay station has to be installed along with wires to get the power there. Also, the people are annoyed at the blackouts, and can't exactly hear the patriotic things when they can't turn on the radios and TVs at all. Climbing the mountain in a giant mech works great, but when climbing the towers, it causes them to bend and sway and nearly fall. They don't fall, but there's severe structural warping. They're certainly in danger of falling now. Smashing into the office elicits a furious tirade from Lanthanide, who complains that that was "only temporarily closed" and "Ah didn't ask you to demolish the place!" but the printouts are grabbed.

Next, Bandu's plan.

Building a dam proves tricky when the nearest river capable of running the array is several hundred miles away. Dam construction is slow, and hooking up the dam grid to the array will take months at minimum. The wind turbine array is set up relatively slowly on the mountainside too, due to difficulty transporting the supplies, ultimately leading to the backup generators needing to handle most of the power providing, which isn't ideal. Following the path a few feet off the ground does prevent slipping injuries, though Bandu does get extremely wet. Just levitating up to the top of the towers however causes problems. The high winds thousands of feet up blow him into the lattice, causing severe bruising. He does make it to the top though. Teleporting into the offices to grab the printouts works out quite well, however.

Then, Monaca has her plan!

Wind turbines, the standard solution! They're fairly slow to construct, due to the logistics issues, obviously. Without a backup generator, the array won't even turn on beyond survival settings for days. Using a jetpack to get up the mountainside causes severe second degree burns across Monaca's exposed skin as the high temperatures of the boosters remain incredibly close to her for minutes. She tries to use a rope to get up the towers, only to find that not only will that be difficult, considering her professed status of "in a wheelchair" and her recently applied status of "second degree burns", as well as the fact that climbing the tower with a rope and harness requires getting the rope and harness attached to the tower in the first place, which requires climbing the tower to attach the rope... so ultimately she gets soaked in the rain trying to use a makeshift grappling hook. It takes hours just to get up one of the towers, and it's already dark by the time she's done with all four towers. Blowing the door of the office off its hinges works fine, but she's soaking wet and in a lot of pain from second degree and friction burns, so she gets wet and bloody handprints all over the printouts.
Bandu teleports back into the room, slumped over on the floor, letting out one, deadpan, deep, Fuck! over his complete miscalculations on the PATS and the resulting injuries. Atleast the printouts went smoothly.
Very interesting...first person to consume solid objects through liquid methods.

quote list

E N D L E S S  F U N

Eridan is just kinda... groaning in pain after all of that.
Stupid doomed timeline...
Monaca emerges into the room...

Could be worse... Nothing a few pickles can't...

Monaca looks at her now bloody hands...

Nevermind. Can someone get me some toilet paper so that I can wrap my hands in?
I don't understand any of this... I'm in a world of complete insanity...
Brain just looks nervously at the transmitter pack and wires he accidentally damaged on the third tower...
Murdergames Characters
Frankie * Dr. Ruby Ramirez * Solanacae Bakersby * Sam BlackSelen(ium) * Reina Schultz * Dr. Francine "Frankie" Frankenstein * Lotta Schadenfreude

Need a bigger bookshelf? Join me in The Library.
Alright, let's see if the last two of y'all come up with better ideas. Ah jus' need CATS and Chikujoin to chime in with their plans that hopefully get the place online an' functional, then we can hang mickey an' toss in a replacement.
MOLDY!!! WHAT THE HELL'S THE MATTER WITH YOU TWO!? CMON, PACKET! Bandu yells impatiently.

quote list

E N D L E S S  F U N

Item One:
For now... easiest seeing to be just grab power from city, by connect to power plant or similar. Getting just enough needed...

Item Two:
Then, just using my... did I not have a thing like... ah right, the float platform. Should being a full, long-last change and resistance to weather, while getting up quick...

Item Three:
Keep use platform to float right up! In case any wrong happen, quickly use the grapple to climb tower, having secured self to ground beforehand.

Item Four:
Do attempt at break in and get past lock by picking - if is right type lock for that, not knowing what kind is use... and if all else is fail, just blow it up, set them up the bomb!
Glitchy Bootleg Lasers
CATS has a plan! It goes as follows.

Step one, of course, is to hook up the system to the grid. Power lines go into the air, much like in George's plan. It's a quick installation and everything goes mostly fine. CATS then uses a hover platform to get up the mountain, too quickly to get particularly wet, and tries to use it to get up the towers, but ends up being blown into the towers by the high winds. Luckily, a grappling hook saves CATS, and only tears off one dish near the transmitter pack on top of tower four, but the fact that CATS is also secured to the ground causes some tangling in the power lines. Why CATS has hair that goes straight up is now known. Several smaller bones are snapped by the muscle spasms. However, surviving that somehow, it turns out the lock at the office is eminently pickable, and easily gets CATS in without having to destroy the building's front. The printouts are grabbed.
Anyway, let's see where we are... CATS has been told the alignment of George, uh... Everyone but Chickujoin has completed the job Ah've given, an' the applicant for Mickey's position is waitin' for him to be executed to come in. Everything is goin' well, apart from yer unfortunate missteps involvin' passin' rebel edicts, an' yer couple'a treasonous members, an' the damages y'alls plans are dealin' to the array. Though some of y'all are doin' real well, an' Ah'll be ready to reward the best performer with some patriot points. That's where we stand. Jus' need to find out if Chickujoin goin' to give a shot.
CATS then returns, still in pain.
"Oof... Could gone better.."
Glitchy Bootleg Lasers
MOLDY!!! TELL US GEORGE'S ALIGNMENT, YOU WON'T! C'MON, DON'T LIE TO ME, CATS! YOU SUSSY BAKA! Bandu yells.

quote list

E N D L E S S  F U N

Alright, before y'all start murderin' each other in the war room over that, (though keep it up if y'all want to.) Ah'm gonna assign some patriot points, an' show y'all yer new board members, an' execute two of y'all who've been causin' problems for me.

So, the winners of the patriot points today are Pinky an' the Brain. Yes, Pinky an' the Brain. Ya know, one's a genius, the other's insane? They're the lab mice who's genes have been spliced? That Pinky an' the brain? So uhh... yeah you have those now.

Next thing, meet yer new archivist, Mr. February, an' yer new Coroner, Mr. Steve. They're gonna be yer new friends. As for Mickey an' now Chickujoin, both are dead now. Ah'm sendin' the execution footage fer yer education.

The Disney Version.
The footage starts. Lanthanide speaks.
Fer the crime of theft of sensitive materials from the Archive an' attempts to take over an Alliance Company, Mickey Mouse is sentenced to death!

Mickey is walked up to a scaffold by two armed guards, where a giant mousetrap sits. Two soldiers crank the mechanism back, and another begins to melt a yellowish cheese with holes into a boiling hot fondue in a large bowl on the bait pad. Then, Mickey is held over the bubbling cheese and his face is forced into the searing dairy. Thankfully the screams are muffled, but the kicking and flailing isn't. He's held there for several tense seconds, struggling to get free from the burning hot cheese, as the soldiers let the mechanism go, and the guards let Mickey go, and the bar smashes into his head, crushing it and the cheese and the bowl. The yellow sludge gets everywhere, streaked with red. Mickey Mouse is dead now.

I have no reference points for this so I'm referencing Turkmenistan again instead
Fer stealin' office supplies an' fer bein' caught sellin' organs from corpses without appropriate payin' upwards, Magane Chickujoin is sentenced to death!

Magane is placed in a copper cage and given a fire hose. She is then slowly lowered by crane into a fiery pit, told that if she can extinguish the flames, she is allowed to live. So she tries spraying water on the fire, but it doesn't go out. The other fires just reignite the upwellings of gas from below the ground. The copper cage rapidly heats up, but somehow, she survives. She starts to do well. Somehow, she's managing to get through the fire of this smaller replica of the Gates Of Hell crater, and as she progresses, the fire starts to go out. The crane then drops her cage into the fire rather than let her win, and she quickly is burned to death.

Anyway, now that that's all out the way, Ah think Y'all'll get along well enough with yer new friends. We're in the next nomination phase now, an' Mr. George Costanza is the new Presidin' member. So make yer nomination whenever, George.
There he is, the one and only. The man, the myth the legend....

Oh, it's just Steve from Tankmen. Okay then. He's got a goofy grin on his face.

Coroner? Sweet! Alright, where the bodies you promised me to cut up?

He's also very clearly holding a knife. Nobody knows where he got it from, and honestly it's probably better you don't.

I refuse to be polite or heterosexual

Mark cracks his knuckles, a chewed-on pencil resting behind his ear. "All right, let's get down to... whatever it is we're doing right now."
Active characters:
Lucky (Party Two Treason, Murderverse Falls)

nya
Oh fuck! Hey, it's me, that guy, yos3xgamers!

Then Bandu turns to Mark.

Don't eat pencils. Gross!

quote list

E N D L E S S  F U N

"Oh, the new people? Hey! How are you gentlemen!" CATS greets them.
Glitchy Bootleg Lasers
"As for alignment of George... hm. Think this would be right place of saying he can't be trust..."
Glitchy Bootleg Lasers
(01-19-2022, 08:26:50 AM)Zanreo Wrote: "Oh, the new people? Hey! How are you gentlemen!" CATS greets them.

If one looks closely at Steve's goggles, they'd notice he's having major flashbacks to 2001.

A-All... all your base...

I refuse to be polite or heterosexual

Brain grins at hearing he was awarded the Patriot Points. Never send a man to do a mouse's job.. Speaking of mice, both he and Pinky watch in horror as the executions go on... including their fellow cartoon mouse, Mickey.

But Pinky perks up at the newcomers and starts shaking their hand. Er... skittering up and shaking their thumbs? And introducing himself and Brain.
Murdergames Characters
Frankie * Dr. Ruby Ramirez * Solanacae Bakersby * Sam BlackSelen(ium) * Reina Schultz * Dr. Francine "Frankie" Frankenstein * Lotta Schadenfreude

Need a bigger bookshelf? Join me in The Library.
(01-19-2022, 08:28:25 AM)Zanreo Wrote: "As for alignment of George... hm. Think this would be right place of saying he can't be trust..."

So you're telling me he's a gross, bee-butt, moldy REBEL!?

quote list

E N D L E S S  F U N