Dismiss this notice
Hey, guest! Welcome to Trouble Cube! Stay a while and chat with us!

[Video Games] Shin Megami Tensei/Persona
SMT V COMES OUT THIS YEAR

Uhhh I mean, Shin Megami Tensei (or Megaten if you're a nerd) is a series of JRPGs with like a trillion spinoffs, usually about someone in the apocalypse, either of the post current or pre variety, fighting and befriending monsters called Demons and fighting to... uuuuusually do something about that apocalypse thing but only sometimes.

Persona is that spinoff that people seem to especially like.

anyway smt v comes out this year
"oh hell no, kung fu panda!"
OVERWRITE THIS PAIN TEARING ME APART, TOKE DE IKU

Speaking of new releases, apparently the Nocturne remake kinda sucks? Haven't checked on that in a while, I should get around to it. Still have hope for Mr. Pretentious Flower Gakuran even if I won't be able to play his game myself, due to a chronic affliction called “lack of Nintendo Switch”.

And as for the spin-off side... uuugh, jeez, the backlog. Not me putting off playing Portable and EP for Nier. I would never.
[Image: bb0ecb42111c57f72c68ae22416ffcb828b3ff47.gif]
Huhhh, still haven't played Portable? That's fine. That's fine.

But anyway it apparently sucked but a major update came that added new QOL and fixed the weird audio problems. Dante's still paid, but as someone who always thought Dante being in Nocturne was a bit silly I'm not so bothered by that.
no words can express how much i love how demifiend just goofily slides across the floor to punch an enemy
he really do be sliding into your DMs to sock you in the face hard
it is me. awe921, the greatest face in all of koridai
Yeeeaaah I've played P3, sure, but Portable's kinda just sitting there in my library. Watching. Waiting. I'm more of the type to play a game exactly once and never touch it until years later—which admittedly hasn't yet gone for P3P. It was technically downloaded first, but my at-the-time baby Persona fan ass opened the game, saw the VN screens, and said “fuck this, I'm getting FES.” Never did get back around to it since I moved on to the rest of SMT shortly afterwards (and other franchises). You'd think it wouldn't make so much of a difference, but man.

Also, yeah. I prefer Raidou myself so I never really minded, the Dante from DMC meme was always nice, though. It's a shame too, I was looking forward to the full voice acting.
[Image: bb0ecb42111c57f72c68ae22416ffcb828b3ff47.gif]
imagine not getting to play using best persona protag

cant be me

lately I've been playing the shit out of Strange Journey and I've decided that the Red Sprite soldier personality wise is Space Kiryu

* Dependable
* Stoic
* Ridiculously strong
* Has no idea what sex is.
Mot isn't NEARLY as bad on Nocturne's normal mode as much as people crack him up to be.

Like, obviously on Hard mode, his Beast Eye lock makes me give up hope on everything, but he only gets into one of thoses locks pretty infrequently.

Also, Hardtype, but that's a mod.
BOW DOWN BEFORE THE ONE YOU SERVE
YOU'RE GOING TO GET WHAT YOU DESERVE
YO NOCTURNE ON PC
Micro Uzi implies the existence of Mega Uzi.
already pre-ordered my Steam version

yes I am inCREDIBLY financially irresponsible. how could you tell?
I'm 100% buying SMT V. I hope it compensates for the lack of true P5.
smt v :)
but to respond to a 5 month old post going to SMT expecting Persona is

a bad idea.

Persona has branched off so far from SMT's path that they're not really comparable anymore.
Lookin' cool, Joker.
Also, we are inching closer and closer to SMT V.
The game…is fun.