Dismiss this notice
Hey, guest! Welcome to Trouble Cube! Stay a while and chat with us!

[Video Games] Gacha Games
Welcome to this thread. So after some consideration, I decided to make this thread for any gacha games, as I feel individual threads for each of them won't be too active.

So feel free to discuss games like Arknights, Genshin Impact, Girls' Frontline, etc

Also to start this, what's the hardest boss you've fought in those game(s) so far?
I don't remember bosses being especially frustrating in Azur Lane or GFL (the only gachas I've regularly played events in enough to comment on, but they're definitely not the only ones lol looking at you Honkai and Granblue), it's more of that they were tedious in terms of grinding enough to get rewards and/or my schedule baulked at inconvenient server reset times. Current Hyperfixation(TM): Genshin Impact, on the other hand... hoo boy. I thought it wouldn't be so bad, but Hypostatic Symphony right now is like that to a T, but with an infinitely worse payoff. (Just EXP mats and a profile card for completing every boss on max difficulty? Really?)

Surprisingly enough, that isn't actually the worst Genshin event I went through the trouble of clearing—that award goes to Frostborn Miracle. Easily. Co-op trivialised the majority of the challenges, sure (shoutout to that tricked-out Amber who carried me for the last half dozen runs I needed), but the "hit the Regisvine 10 times with Scarlet Quartzes" one was an entirely different story; I was party wiped at least six times and burned through my entire food inventory twice just trying to last it out solo.

And I had a Qiqi with like 12k heals.

And a Bennett with 300% energy recharge.

Hooray for Jade Parcels, I guess. Pyro mains keep winning. It would've been fine if the requirement was "just" hitting the damn thing 10 times, but you had to kill the boss in the same run on top of that. (By the time I finished hitting with the quartzes, there was usually only a minute or two left on the timer.) I did complete the whole Dragonspine event in the end... but holy tapdancing fuck what was Mi-hoe-yo thinking when they made a boss that effectively AOE instakills the entire arena in four seconds unless you're standing in one specific little spot. That can take just a little more than four seconds to run to. On top of regular stamina consumption. Siiigh.

Anyhow, somewhat offtopic, but I've found myself interested in Food Fantasy and Sinoalice lately. That's a couple more levels of hell to add to the ever-growing pile, if I ever do get around to them. :P
[Image: bb0ecb42111c57f72c68ae22416ffcb828b3ff47.gif]
Speaking of being interested in other gacha games, I may try Touhou Lost Word once it is released for global, but I'm not sure yet because of time reason.

Also for bosses, for me I'd say the hardest for me so far in AK is Patriot, the newly released boss. His gimmick is that he has huge defense stats that will make most normal attacks deal scratch damage to him, and tanking him is not an option because he has huge amount of attack stat. However once you kill him, he will revive for his second phase. While his attack stat will be lowered to a more tankable level and defense stats to a non-scratch damage level, his attack is now ranged, with 1.5 tiles in distance. He also gains a special ability that he can use after certain time has passed, where he will throw a spear at the furthest ranged unit, which can almost always one shot them.

And speaking of events, I'd say the regular event that I had the hardest time clearing would be Twilight of Wolumonde. Aside from annoying enemies like one that can explode and deal a lot of damage upon death, as well as capture towers that are part of the event mechanic, or another one who is just ridiculously tanky, the boss was also rather annoying. Basically Mudrock can protect herself with a shield that has to be burst down first, capture a tower instantly after certain period of time, and deals devastating melee damage the more she hits, so she can't be tanked for long.
GFL bosses generally don't give me much trouble, since most of them either only demand a specific echelon composition or straight-up DPS checks. 

If anything, it's the regular enemies that's much more threatening.  Things like Doppelsoldner and Minotaur deathstacks are super scary if your echelons aren't specifically geared to take them down. 

My vote for hardest (well, most annoying really) would go to Granblue's Europa. Screw her buff clears, screw Held Under and Azure Spike, and screw needing Limited characters just to make the fight bearable.
Micro Uzi implies the existence of Mega Uzi.
ANGUISHED SCREAMING FROM LATE-GAME BATTLE CATS
it is me. awe921, the greatest face in all of koridai
(01-31-2021, 06:54:27 AM)ArmoredFury Wrote: If anything, it's the regular enemies that's much more threatening.  Things like Doppelsoldner and Minotaur deathstacks are super scary if your echelons aren't specifically geared to take them down. 

Talking about those cronies yet no mention of Centaurus smh. I think we know why it was the first KCCO enemy I first coded into my WIP Terraria mod. Anybody with a Terraria copy on Steam can try checking it out.
Vanguard ZERO added a team system and is doing a special login event for the release of a new set of cards!
So I adore Karre from Star Wars: Visions now. That was completely unexpected since I'm not a huge Star Wars fan or anything.
Speaking of new events, another Contingency Contract event for Arknights will come. To sum it up, you have to fight in certain maps and take risks to make it more difficult, with the risks either debuffing your own team or buffing enemies. The higher the risk level, then the higher the reward until a certain point (8 is the max for daily maps, while 18 is the max for permanent map reward), with above being just personal flex at that point.
That's actually more or less what Hypostatic Symphony was. I racked up about 7000 points and then just stopped.

In terms of new content, though, Version 1.3's downloading as we speak. In T-minus 30 minutes I'll either be giving Xiao all the almond tofu in my inventory or crying uncontrollably while launching the 5-star I got instead of him off of every cliff in the game. Either way, y'all will know, wish me luck I guess.

That's a funny way to spell “Xiao”.

[Image: E687-F3-BA-8-F8-B-4925-A97-F-3-AD8-BF62-EABC.jpg]

Weeell on the bright side, I had enough fates to make it 50 or so past the initial 5-star pull. If I build Keqing up enough and clear all the Abyss levels I've been putting off for lack of another DPS (in addition to the primos 1.3 events + quests will give out), I should be able to hit pity again.

On the other hand... goddamn, is my luck that bad? It's a fucking coinflip and I missed twice in a row. Guess at least I can save up through the Keqing banner, and pray that Venti isn't next somehow.
Speaking of units, how broken is Keqing in Genshin? Ik Venti is the most broken from what I heard, but I'm just curious about how meta Keqing is.
So Vanguard ZERO started its Halloween Event.

Yeah, you read that right. The English version of the game started its Halloween event in FEBRUARY.

Thankfully I don't need to worry about getting an Aichi costume or anything this time so I won't be working TOO hard on the event, but it's still something going on.
So I adore Karre from Star Wars: Visions now. That was completely unexpected since I'm not a huge Star Wars fan or anything.
She's known to be able to do upwards of 100k+ DMG per, AFAIK. Apparently it's actually possible to take critrate to 100% and literally crit on every single hit (although really only 80% is necessary). Not as good as Diluc or even Mona who deal damage more in the millions with melt/vaporise comps, albeit due to those reactions being ridiculously OP in general, but it's definitely something.

The problem here's mostly that I really don't have a good sword for her. Like, at all. Every single one of the usually recommended ones somehow managed to escape me—I have pretty sore luck with pulling 4* weapons, but I didn't realise I literally had nothing viable. Best I'll probably get is the Rancour or Iron Sting as a craftable.

In terms of artifacts it isn't as much of an issue. Razor was my previous main and he uses a similar setup (i.e Gladiator with crit DMG & critrate), transferring that over should work fine even with an elemental build rather than phys. All I need is a good Electro% goblet and to ascend her shit in the first place... which, yeah, admittedly might take a while, considering I burned all my mats on the also-Electro-character Razor (he's Lv 80 with 6/6/8 talents while Keqing's still at ascension 1).

I also kinda just hate her kit but that's more of a me problem, lmao. The rotation business's a little complicated for my tastes, but the Abyss calls... a guy can't really be picky when in need of premium currency. :P
Oh. I don't play Genshin at all, so Idk how that exactly translates compared to other units there in terms of brokenness.

Speaking of broken units, Thorns has just been released for the global version, and as the CN version of AK has shown, he's one of the best units in AK. Basically, his third skill grants him amazing stats (attack and attackspeed) and range boost, removal to the damage reduction that his archetype has when launching ranged attacks, and is infinite duration. In addition he can deal additional magic damage with his first talent and regenerate when not attacking with his second talent. Unfortunately I don't get him.

However, I'm aiming for another future OP unit, Surtr. I just hope that I'll have enough rolls once her event is released in like a month or so and to get lucky on getting her instead of another 6 star. After all, she's also among the best like Thorns.

Also speaking of off-season event Crystal, funnily, Arknights had a summer event rerun during the winter (for certain parts of the the northern hemisphere at least) that ended few days ago.
Today is the start of GFL's semiannual story event, Mirror Stage, and boy oh boy if the datamined assets aren't wild. 

[Image: viewimage.php?id=20b4d327f1d739ab&no=24b...0e7271129a]
This guy is now my favorite enemy unit.
Lol at his face and how he whacks using a brick.

Meanwhile, the three hour maintenance for AK is underway. It will end around midnight in my timezone, at 12 AM. After that, CC#2 (actually the fourth CC because the first one was CC Beta, while the second was CC#0) will open.

Also here's the new operator introduced for the event. She's a free one who can be bought with CC currency that you get from clearing CC missions rather than gacha.

Edit: I also should say that after hearing about Blue Archive that it's released in JP, I also get tempted to see if I can play it alongside AK and Touhou Lost Word once that and the latter are both released in EN.
hey everyone! I've been playing Dragon Quest Tact lately and I JUST FUCKING PULLED FUCKING DRAGONFUCKINGLORD IN ONE FUCKING PULL
"oh hell no, kung fu panda!"
Oh, I'm not aware that Dragon Quest has a mobile gacha game version until now. Also that's an amazing luck, Huney.

Also on another note, I wonder how Ichiban will think of that game lol, considering he's a Dragon Quest fan IIRC.
Ichiban 100% plays Dragon Quest Tact
I got Cali playing tact and she's mad at me cuz I already got Dragonlord and she hasn't
Does anyone here play Blue Archive? People seem to be quite positive about the game and I feel obligated to try it because it has girls with guns.
(02-15-2021, 14:21:57 PM)ArmoredFury Wrote: Does anyone here play Blue Archive? People seem to be quite positive about the game and I feel obligated to try it because it has girls with guns.

Idk, I may try it, but i'd wait for EN release. Also, I may not have time anyway, because AK already takes a good amount of time and because I also plan to play Touhou Lost Word when it's released.
More info about Rainbow Six Siege/Arknights collab just dropped. 

[Image: yrg2gtlprkj61.gif]

Tachanka's chibi animations is surprisingly precious. I love it.
Oh right, speaking of the R6S collab, I'm curious about how they will handle the lore part in both sides