Dismiss this notice
Hey, guest! Welcome to Trouble Cube! Stay a while and chat with us!

The Tabletop Nerd's Coven
Do we really not have a general tabletop thread? Well we do now.

Dungeons & Dragons, Pathfinder, Powered by the Apocalypse, maybe even DragonQuest if you're a fucking weirdo. It really seems like there's a tabletop system for every player, huh? There's even a few systems that don't need DMs if you look hard enough.

As a DM, I personally like writing centric systems like Interstitial and Monster of the Week, because I really like exploring characters and noooot so much setting up big complex encounters. As a player, though, speccing your character for combat is pretty fun. Even if it's not really my priority there either.

What kinda player are you? Do you prefer writing a complex character with interesting motives or backstory or do you just want to fuck shit up? What's your favorite system? Any funny stories from the table? That kinda stuff.
"oh hell no, kung fu panda!"
Ooh, I love DND. Currently in a campaign with some Discord friends. It's where I came up with my main OC, Stew.

I play stupidly. Like, smart when things are fine, but when things start to heat up, just...

Well, let me explain.

So there was this dungeon where we had to cook a meal for a demon. Our characters attempted to poison him with a bunch of disgusting ingredients (such as the spiciest peppers on the planet, wine that turns you into wine, a sausage that turns you into a tarrasque, human piss, etc). So just as we were trying to get him to eat it, our barbarian accidentally let slip the fact that we were trying to poison the demon. So my character, visibly pissed, just completely gives up on life. Seeing the comedic value and potential for an epic moment (except not really it was just me being stupid), I made Stew eat the soup as a form of suicide.

So I rolled a nat-20 and resisted the wine that turns you into wine, and Stew just fucking exploded chestburster-style into a meat tarrasque.

That is probably my crowning DND moment.
Interstitial's been fun so far, though it definitely feels like we're still in the prologue
Active characters:
Lucky (Party Two Treason, Murderverse Falls)

nya
During my first D&D campaign ever my party won a fight against a dragon because our resident pixie seduced them.

I mean hey, we got a cool, powerful ally we could call in once a day, but in the moment the entire fucking thing was trippy.

I refuse to be polite or heterosexual

Apparently you can't intimidate a pool of acid, which is a real shame, if you ask me.

Still wanting to get into another tabletop but every campaign I've bothered with so far seems to have the habit of crashing and burning before it even starts. I'd join another group, but boy does it sound like it'd be awkward.
[Image: bb0ecb42111c57f72c68ae22416ffcb828b3ff47.gif]
(02-11-2021, 04:06:17 AM)Subparman Wrote: Apparently you can't intimidate a pool of acid, which is a real shame, if you ask me.

Oh yeah, I remember that. I was from that one time I was in a room with 2 campaigns going at once and that was one of the things I heard the DM at the other table say.

I refuse to be polite or heterosexual