Dismiss this notice
Hey, guest! Welcome to Trouble Cube! Stay a while and chat with us!

[Fin] Murder U Too - Endgame
Say, what if I were to run the next term?

You're the narrative text? You're not even a character??

Could've fooled me, I argue with you enough.

...lousy gods-damned obnoxious fragmented-ass-mind author. Fine. I'm still busy for quite a while. You can run the next one. Don't screw it up.

I touch the renovated exit door and it dilates open. Nobody's going to be holding that. The headmistress has nothing to worry about.

• Murder U is a murdergame in the Murderverse.
  • You can use any kind of character you want. Don't worry about if they were killed in a previous Murderverse thread. (Explain it if you want, let us come up with something, or call it a Riddle for the Ages. It's fine.)
  • We didn't think it needed to be specified, but other games proved it did, so: No godmoding or the like. You control your character. You don't control characters that belong to other troubadours. If you think XYZ would be super cool but it relies on another player's action, consider plotting it out in advance in the discussion thread.
  • Covert actions, including all actions taken at night, should be DM'd to me.
  • Speaking of discussion threads, here are the discussion threads: Murderverse general, thread for just this game, and the Murderverse Discord is linked in the relevant Backroom thread. Please do not talk about not-yet-posted plot points in the Murderverse general thread.
  • Have fun and be nice — OOC, that is. If you want to be traumatized and a huge jerk IC, that's cool, long as it stays IC.
  • You might die: Please understand that, while the discussion thread can be used to choose and plot out murders in advance, the simple fact is that your character is statistically very likely to die. Do not enter a character you are not okay with having killed. Sure, Death Is Cheap in this corner of the 'verse, but it'll stick at least until the end of the game.
  • Editing posts: Because this thread is more roleplay than game, editing your posts is not forbidden. It is, however, discouraged, particularly if you're doing much more than fixing formatting.
  • Prods and replacements: If a week passes without a particular player posting, they will be prodded. (That is, we'll send them a DM telling them to get back in the dang game.) If another week passes with no posts, they'll be replaced. Players may also be replaced at their own request, or if they pull some nonsense that obligates us to kick them out.
  • Application status: CLOSED unless you want to sign up as a replacement. For your convenience, here's a form (use whatever portion of it you like and/or feel free to add more things if you wanna):
Code:
[b]Name[/b]:
[b]Appearance[/b]: Description or image.
[b]Gender/Pronouns[/b]:
[b]Backstory and Personality[/b]:
[b]Distinguishing Abilities[/b]:
[b]Other[/b]:
Murder U Too will have thirteen (13) slots. If more than 13 apps are submitted before the deadline, I'll select 13 of them at random to be the starting cast, and the rest will be on-deck as potential replacements.

How to play our lovely headmistress's lovely killing game:
<!-- Please note that this section is an in-character document. Yes, that implies that it's all subject to change if roleplay leads to such a conclusion. -->
This campus is a Closed Circle. All of you are trapped here. Not only is space under our control here, but so is time:
  • Once per day, if there are any remaining unsolved murders, a guest may press the big shiny red "Emergency Meeting" button in the kitchen, which will summon all still-living players. There, guests may present their evidence and their arguments, and /vote for who they think is the murderer.
  • Once a majority of guests have decided on a culprit, that person will be executed and their guilt or innocence revealed.
  • For the avoidance of doubt — if a murderer is executed, but for the wrong crime, we shall pretend we were trying that case all along. Unless we feel like it would make sense to act otherwise.
  • Once the meeting ends, night will fall. During the night, each player shall message us their intent for the night. If all players send in their actions, night will advance to day.
  • A phase can also end if we feel like it, for any reason, like if it's dragging on too long, or there's no unsolved murders and the day just necessarily needs to end at some point.
To escape, a guest must kill another guest and get away with it. To put it simply — if either two trial phases have been skipped since their crime, or their victim's case has been prosecuted and someone else was executed, a murderer will gain the ability to unlock the front door for a period of time long enough to allow the exit of exactly one person.

The game ends when we feel like it cannot continue — many things can cause that, but a guaranteed example would be there being three or fewer living players left with no pending trials. As for what happens then... you'll just have to make it and see~!

Read the rules carefully!

By entering this murdergame you confirm that you are not Anish Kapoor, you are in no way affiliated with Anish Kapoor, and you are not participating on behalf of Anish Kapoor or an associate of Anish Kapoor. To the best of your knowledge, information, and belief, knowledge of this murdergame will not make its way to the ears of Anish Kapoor.

Active characters:
Lucky (Party Two Treason, Murderverse Falls)

nya
Signups are now closed. The starting cast is as follows:
  1. Alexis (Kennifer)
  2. Bow (Goose007)
  3. Cookie Monster (Dookie) DEAD
  4. Doug Grugg (TalesofUnder) DEAD
  5. Eugene Harold Krabs (madface7) Replaced by Ronnie Pines (MatthewLM) DEAD
  6. Haruka Ito (TheGeekArtist08)
  7. Kai Satou (Subparman)
  8. Katsuki Bakugo (SmilyCube112)
  9. Kellensea Harthdareiter (Florien)
  10. Komaru Naegi (Huney)
  11. Monika (Despair's Archon of Memes)
  12. Ranma Saotome (wahoothis)
  13. Rosa (Billy5545) DEAD

And the following characters are on deck as replacements: Murder U Too will begin either tomorrow or this weekend, depending on... uhh whether I find time I guess. And/or if players express an opinion in the OOC thread.
Active characters:

nya
[Image: MIRA_HQ_Map%20%28tiny%29.png]

The thirteen of you wake up in what appears to be a science lab building of some kind.

A voice booms out from somewhere.

Welcome, welcome! Feel free to look around while I get a few last-minute preparations in.
Active characters:

nya
Krabs exits his room looking uneasy.

"Arr... I got a bad feelin' in me chest... What the barnacle is goin' on here...?"
A brown-haired, green-eyed approximately 18-year old girl wakes up from her bedroom.

Hi. It's me.
I don't understand any of this... I'm in a world of complete insanity...
Alexis wanders out of her room, glancing around, making note of the things she sees on her way to... ok, so far it's just the hallway leading out of her bedroom.

"Well this is... interesting, to say the least."
Stupid doomed timeline...
Ranma still remembers it vividly. It was just another training session for him until he received a letter in his mailbox. An acceptance letter from a place called Hope's Peak Academy. Per usual, his father had gone behind his back and made an application without his knowledge. Oh well, at the least it wasn't another marriage to a girl for a cart. Ranma looked at the letter in his hand after snatching it from his old man's hands, reading it over.

"Dear Mr. Saotome, we humbly accept you as one of the many wide-eyed Ultimates here at Hope's Peak. Academy We promise we'll do all it takes to help you hone your Ultimate Martial Artist abilities. Meet at the entrance exam on this particular date for the opening ceremony. Once again, we congratulate you for joining us, and hope you enjoy your time here." Most people would've been ecstatic to have been accepted to such a prestigious school like this. But not Ranma.

The way Ranma sees it, this is an opportunity. A chance to further expand his fighting capabilities. Besides, he could consider this a challenge. Ranma Saotome never backs down from a challenge. For the following weeks he'd prepare himself for the occasion until the day arrived.

. . . And that was the last thing he remembers. As moments later, he is awoken by a booming voice being played over the P.A. system. The martial artist groaned and rubbed his head, slowly opening his eyes. Is this. . . a science lab? And. . . There seems to be 12 other people here. Just what the hell is going on?
"... Uhh. Hm. This doesn't feel exactly right." Komaru says, looking around. 

"Hey!" She points to everyone around her, giving them a dirty, but not exactly threatening, look.

"You guys would tell me if I was dreaming, right?"
"oh hell no, kung fu panda!"
Dreaming? About what?
Ranma looked over at the rather bland looking girl in a schoolgirl outfit and gave a light shrug. "If this is some kind of dream, I think now would be a good time to wake up." He crossed his arms looking around the room. "Does anyone remember how they got here?"
"If you're dreaming, then I'm dreaming too. And my dreams usually have more music than this."

Alexis shrugged.

"So... this is probably real. I could try pinching you if you wanted to check, though!"
"I think I can pinch myself just fine..."

... She kinda just stares out for a second.

"Hey, actually, that's not a bad idea!" She says, grabbing her arm and pulling it tight.

"Oww, ow ow... okay, maybe this is one of those pain dreams..."
"Praying to God right now this better not be another one of Happosai's dreams. Though if it was, there probably would be more scandalous dressed girls around. So I should probably rule out that possibility." Clearing his throat, Ranma began to speak up. "Okay, so what's the last thing any of you remember?"
Hm...

Monika gets out her letter of acceptance, saying the following:

Dear Monika, due to your known love of literature, poetry, and a knack for leadership, we have enrolled you into Hope's Peak Academy as the Ultimate Literature Club President. Here at Hope's Peak, we pride ourselves in providing only the best education for our students. With your love of literature, poetry, and writing, and our vast resources, you have a bright future of creative writing ahead of you... Welcome to The Academy.

It's like a dream come true!
Ranma raised a brow at the brunette's statement "Thought we were done with the dream talk. . ." He mumbled, reaching into the pocket of his jean and pulling out his acceptance letter.

"Dear Mr. Saotome, we humbly accept you as one of many wide-eyed students here at Hope's Peak. You have been designated as the Ultimate Martial Artist as a result of your fighting prowess and training in the Anything Goes Martial Arts. Many other extravagant fighters have been accepted, though all of you will be treated with the same amount of respect and training as the other. May you strengthen your techniques here at The Academy."

Putting up his letter, Ranma looked about the room. "
Think this is Hope's Peak or something? It can't just be a coincidence we got accepted into Hope's Peak and wake up in some school looking area." At least, so far it seemed one other person got one of those acceptance lettes.
"So, everybody got a letter? Mine says I got in for my musical theater talent."

Alexis smiles nervously.
"Heh, I didn't get a letter at all! At least, nothing interesting..."

She holds out her own note.

"Komaru Naegi, you have been selected as Hope's Peak Academy's Ultimate Lucky Student. We hope to see you in class this semester."

"If that wasn't confusing enough, my brother already runs this school, so why would they choose me as a student... Weird luck, I guess."
Yeah... It seems kind of odd that we'd all get letters at around the same time... And for what appears to be the same school, too... Oh. Where are my manners? The name's Monika.
"I'm Alexis."
Ranma gripped his fist and gave a grin. "Ranma Saotome. As my letter says, I'm the Ultimate Martial Artist!" He said this with a hint of pride in his tone.
"This must be some crazy dream.. I remember graduatin' from school years ago."
. . . That's a crab. That's a giant talking crab in a blue shirt and purple pants wearing a belt. ". . . What spring did you fall into?" Could this guy also be another Jusenkyo spring victim? Was he not the only one who was?
"Komaru Naegi! Good to meet you all! Er... should we get looking around now, or..."
"May as well get a feel for the layout of this place, sure."
Sure! ...Does this place have a map?

Monika goes to both explore the area and...

>look for a map