Dismiss this notice
Hey, guest! Welcome to Trouble Cube! Stay a while and chat with us!

Destroy the Corruption: A DTGM-Type Crossover Game
So I'm considering joining this, but I have a few questions first:

- After a Universe has been introduced, can someone introduce another Universe set in the same world/work?

- Are there any limitations/restrictions for stuff like healing items and similar a character has on them?
Glitchy Bootleg Lasers
(01-14-2022, 17:14:07 PM)Zanreo Wrote: So I'm considering joining this, but I have a few questions first:

- After a Universe has been introduced, can someone introduce another Universe set in the same world/work?

- Are there any limitations/restrictions for stuff like healing items and similar a character has on them?

1: Yes

2: State how many of an item you have at the beginning of the thing. If you need more, look for more.

(I'll get to y'all in a moment)
Vivi, huh? Just don't get too much in my way, alright?

and i may not be loved
but they'll always recall my name
out on the streets, but i do what i gotta do

"Don't worry," Vivi says, grinning. "I'm quite practiced at fighting alongside a group."
Active characters:
Lucky (Party Two Treason, Murderverse Falls)

nya
South Park, Colorado
Town-Sized Comedy 'verse

Starting Points:

Canada: Canada was struck first with the glitch as Terrance and Phillip were filming their live comedy special "Terrance and Phillip: Takin' The Piss." Within a week of the event, all of Canada was one with the corruption, and while some people tried evacuating down into South America, most people just saw it as a victory over their former enemies.

South Park Mall: In South Park specifically, the corruption started appearing within the South Park mall, which is how the boys first came in contact with it.

Kenny.exe
Kenny is a child within South Park, Colorado. He is allies with most of the other kids within South Park. He currently has a screwdriver, a balloon, and a plastic bag on hand.

Despite seeming useless, his main power is extremely useful in fighting. If he dies mid-fight without being killed by the corruption, he will be killed for a short while before regenerating at his home base.

why do they call it oven when you of in the cold food of out hot eat the food
South Park universe added! Get ready!

>Vivi: Use Reprisal to cut the soldiers' damage output, Heart of Corundum on Yomuoka to give her some damage mitigation, and keep swinging.

>Birdy'mc'birdface: Use Choco Rush on the one that caught Yomuoka's shield and try to retrieve her gear for her

>Swing your sword in a circle, hoping to slice at multiple of the footsoldiers at a time.

Good news for you three! Not only has the damage output been sliced, but Yomuoka's has been buffed, and the shield-catching dude has been thoroughly stunned by the Chocobo! However...

Silly of you to think we cannot learn.

As if they were expecting it, the corrupted footsoldiers dodge the swords with relative ease.

>Search the area for potential attackers

Oh yeah, there's a potential guy. Big, dark armour, red glowy eyes - this guy looks like a cliche evil mook. And, what's more, he's approaching ya.

(Sorry for the delays)
Yomuoka looks at the attackers. They're smarter than they seem. She's got to outsmart them, do something they wouldn't expect.

She raises her sword, and...

>roll at the soldier's feet

and i may not be loved

Vivi frowns. That's new. Fine. I'll just have to change tactics. Looks like Yomuoka can take hits, so...

>Birdy'mc'birdface: Use Choco Strike to distract the footsoldiers from Vivi for a moment
>Vivi: Back off, switch to Dancer, use Closed Position on Yomuoka, and start
tossing your chakramsDon't look too hard at the duty list on the right side of the screen if you care about Endwalker spoilers
at the footsoldiers
Active characters:

nya
The Forge (Erupting)

Peridot and Bismuth easily see the armoured dude, and Bismuth readies herself for a fight. Peridot decides to get payback for what happened, and launches the first attack:

>Call in an Attack Drone and have it fire at the Armoured Mook
Viking Duck is back from Valhalla, and ready to take all the loot. Also, still a friend to animals.
(OOC: To be honest, I don't know what to do here. Knife, I fail to see any logic in your action, and it seems vaguely worded. Sylvi&, I don't feel like looking through three wiki articles to do figure out in what way I'm getting owned. Smily, I have no clue about the attack drone: where is it kept? How long will it take to get there?)
OOC: I seem to recall Peridot having Gem Storage, as she previously brought out an EMP-like device from her gem in the episode "Warp Tour". So I thought the same could be done with the attack drones, having at least one in there for instant deployment when she need to. I'm mostly going based off her wiki page, tbh (though then again, that episode was a S1 episode, so I'm not entirely sure how solid that was, since she was never seen doing something like that again).
Viking Duck is back from Valhalla, and ready to take all the loot. Also, still a friend to animals.
OOC post
oops lol
summary: Choco Strike is an attention-grabbing AOE attack for tank birds, Closed Position designates Yomuoka as Vivi's dance partner so she gains buffs when Vivi does certain moves, and the last link is just the first Dancer opener video we found online and mostly there for the visuals; based on our inference of how long a turn is, the actual moves she'll use are probably:
  1. Technical Step:
    Do four dance movesSpecifically, the game gives you four dance moves and an order to do them in, and you need to do those dance moves in that order for best effect, with any other dance moves before after or in between just ignored entirely but wasting the 1 second you spend on them; doing it perfectly would take 5 seconds from start to finish but you're given 20 seconds total in case you're incredibly awful at pushing buttons (or more likely want to intentionally wait for some reason)
    , then unleash an AOE attack and buff all nearby allies' damage for 20 seconds (damage and buff potency both based on how many dance moves were done correctly); also lets Vivi use Tillana once in the next 20 seconds
  2. Devilment: Increases critical hit rate and damage for Vivi and her dance partner for 20 seconds; also lets Vivi use Starfall Dance once in the next 20 seconds

and now we shall infodump about MMO mechanics for several paragraphs:
don't know if you're already familiar with MMOs and their concept of cooldowns and global cooldowns (you can skip the entire rest of this folder if you are), but certain "global" moves (like Technical Step, Tillana, and Starfall Dance) are all grouped together as a "push exactly one of these buttons every 2.5 seconds" thing, while other "off-global" moves (like Provoke, Rough Divide, Reprisal, Heart of Corundum, and Devilment) only have their own move-specific cooldowns to care about and can be weaved in-between the other moves without taking any extra time (one or two each time, depending on how quick the actual moves are; Technical Step for example is slow enough that it's not reliable to double-weave after it)

the XIV tooltips kinda do an awful job explaining this, especially when it comes to more unusual things like the dance steps (they work just like other global cooldowns but only make you wait 1 second instead of 2.5), moves that are on the global cooldown but also separately from that have their own personal cooldown, or the fact that starting a dance forbids you from weaving most moves until you're done

(that said we've been accounting for all this ourself up til now, but in case you ever feel like double-checking, XIV usually calls global-type moves "weaponskills" or "spells" and off-global-type ones "abilities")

Active characters:

nya
ooc: oh, sorry about that. i'm just trying to strike the feet of the footsoldiers, attempting to knock them off balance

and i may not be loved

GCB has given up on this thread and requested a lock.
Active characters:

nya