Trouble Cube Forums
[Game] Uncivil War: The Future of Obychinzk - Printable Version

+- Trouble Cube Forums (https://troublecube.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Trouble Cube (https://troublecube.net/mybb/Forum-Trouble-Cube)
+--- Forum: Hybrid games (https://troublecube.net/mybb/Forum-Hybrid-games)
+---- Forum: Murdergames (https://troublecube.net/mybb/Forum-Murdergames)
+---- Thread: [Game] Uncivil War: The Future of Obychinzk (/Thread-Game-Uncivil-War-The-Future-of-Obychinzk)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Uncivil War: The Future of Obychinzk - Florien - 07-29-2022

Link to Signup Thread Here!

The date is the 22nd of January. General Gladwell has been president for just over three weeks after a successful and bloody coup. She holds a rally to denounce her enemies in the exurbs of Arzutzk, in a massive amphitheater that sticks out like a sore thumb from the landscape of farmland. The TV broadcast starts, and loud denouncements are levied against her few surviving enemies. After that, she enters a series of increasingly racist tirades. However, an hour into the speech, there's a flash from a nearby rooftop, followed by a loud "crack" noise. She stumbles and falls, trying to hold onto the flagpole behind her to support herself, but only succeeding in bringing the flag crashing down on top of her. The broadcast cuts to a test pattern, but it's obvious what's happened. While the government repeatedly denies that she has died, the hospital leaks the information within an hour of receiving her still-warm body. Soon even the government Gladwell built to keep her and her alone in power can't deny it anymore. She is officially acknowledged as dead at 3:11 PM.

There is no named successor. Mass protests and riots break out across the country as the various powers-that-be begin to bring their forces to bear. The Obychinzk Army is split, spread across the country. In many cases they take the chance to sell their weapons to local warlords, with Gladwell's government descending into a frenzy of document-shredding and literal and figurative backstabbing. Militaries and paramilitaries, outsiders and natives alike seize land, ready to take their shot at ruling this nation. There can only be one victor. The next day, the three major newspapers go to press.

[Image: unknown.png]

The Date is now January 24th. The armies were waiting for this moment. Few hoped it would come, but everyone knew it would, and most look at it with a sort of grim satisfaction that the expected outcome came to pass. No successor has been named and achieved enough support yet, but one WILL be chosen, one way or the other.

These are the current positions of the armies.

- Pointmaid as Alexandra the Great, the leader of the New Macedonian Empire, primarily operating out of the Grychak Area.
- Matthew as Ralphael Markham, the leader of the Organization for Special Interests of Obychinzk, primarily operating out of the Southlands Area.
- Kennifer as Juniper Banks, the leader of the Juniper Banks Obychinzk Company, who recently landed her PMC in the in the Innlands Area.
- Despair's Archon of Memes as "William Octavius Robinson"/W.O.R. OS, the leader of the Mechanicus Imperium, who was recently installed as a leader in Autarkia.
- TenOfSwords13 as Lara Dolre, the leader of Dolre Military Industries, who's managed to secure The Prisons for her own ends.
- MadameButterflyKnife as August Fox, A.K.A. "The Big Fire", the leader of The Legion for the Light of Liberty, who've arrived in The Desert
- The Alatanian-Backed Seperatists, operating in Mynedd Province (empty slot)
These are the leaders of those armies, and the names their armies have chosen.
The Rules Reiterated
The rules are simple. Control more than half the resources of Obychinzk, and you win, or, if every commander still standing agrees, Obychinzk can be balkanized, and the game ends in a draw between the remaining players. You will be assigned your starting territories at game start. (You can also look at the pinned video in the discord channel for an audio format of the rules.)

The gameplay is divided into three phases and two seasons. These all cycle as follows.

Season, Spring:

Phase one, Diplomacy.

In the diplomacy phase, players talk among themselves and come to agreements about what to do. Agreements are only enforced by mutual trust, and betrayal is inevitable. If there are 4-5 players, all diplomacy takes place in the forum thread. If there are 6-7 players, negotiation may take place in public in the forum thread OR in secret DMs with the GM (florien) CCd in, or even both at the same time.

Phase two, Wartime.

Every player provides secret orders for their army in a DM directly to the GM (still florien). A unit may be ordered to move to an adjacent space, support an adjacent unit to hold an area if it gets attacked, support an adjacent unit to launch an attack into a space that both units are adjacent to and capable of moving to, or to not move at all. A land unit may also move to any coastal region if there is an unbroken chain of naval units in the ocean between their current position and destination. (however each naval unit can only convoy one unit per season. Also, this is only for movement, support cannot be convoyed) Only one unit can occupy a region at any time. If multiple units are headed to the same region, the one with the most support moves there. If they have the same support, neither moves. If a unit giving support is attacked, it does not provide support.

(Orders are formatted as follows, to prevent confusion. "Unit in <region> is moving to <neighboring region>" or "Unit in <region> is supporting unit in <neighboring region>". If a region has two coasts [such as the Grychak exurbs or Chylenbol] and you're occupying it with a naval unit, you must specify what coast you're occupying. "Naval Unit in <Region> will occupy the South Coast of <Region>" This is to prevent ships from mysteriously teleporting through landmasses.)

If a unit which has been attacked loses, it is forced to retreat or be destroyed.

Phase three, Resolution.

Once the actions are resolved and revealed, everyone DMs to the GM where any successfully attacked units are retreating to without posting in the thread in between. It must be an adjacent territory, and it can't be a currently occupied province, nor can it be a province which was left unoccupied due to a standoff in the previous wartime phase or the province from which the attacker moved. If the player retreating is unable to retreat, or does not want to retreat the unit, it is destroyed. If a space is retreated to by two units, both units are destroyed.

Season, Fall:

Diplomacy: As previous.

Wartime: As previous.

Resolution: As previous.

Consolidation: Any occupied resource sites switch to the side of the occupier. Then, each player may recruit new units until they have as many units as resource sites, building them in their home territories (the resource sites they controlled at the start of the game). If a player has more units than resources, they are required to disband extras (they may choose which ones get disbanded.) Obviously, naval units cannot be built at inland sites, only coastal ones. A player may decline to recruit more units for any reason. All this is done via DM too.

If a player no longer controls any of their home regions, they are eliminated, and the players involved in their fall determine what to do with the commander.

(you can also check the pinned video in the discord)
These are the rules of engagement.

The leaders of these armies now meet for the first time, gathering in the Arzutzk Governmental District's most notable building, the building of the joint Ministry of War and Ministry of Internal Security, an enormous skyscraper, far taller than anything around it. They get in the elevators, and go up fifty floors to the top-floor conference room. From so high up, the history of the region can be seen, whether it be the oldest temples and historical buildings from the Khangate and the Imperial Era, the blocky, aging tenements of the Revolutionary Republic, the high-quality apartments of the Attikhan Presidency, the still-standing ruins from the last Alatanian war, or the eternally half-finished prestige projects of the Vychadoré regimes. Reporters from the national and international press alike clamor outside, hoping for an interview, or some comment, the international deciding whether this a page three or a page five story, and the national deciding how to word their articles should one of these individuals be successful in their aim of conquest, and how to avoid looking bad in retrospect if any of the leaders should get dissident-arrest happy.

Six strangers enter a room to carve up a country, and most of the world reacts with indifference, aside from a select few. Who will be the one to bring about a new era in Obychinzk's history? What will this conflict bring to the world at large? It remains to be seen.

The International Community Will Not Save You.
Obychinzk Must Endure.

RE: Uncivil War: The first six months. - TenOfSwords13 - 07-29-2022

It is a pleasure to meet you all.

A tall, strong-looking woman makes this first introduction.

Lara Dolre of Dolre Military Industries. I trust we are smart enough to make introductions now, or am I surrounded by imeciles?

RE: Uncivil War: The first six months. - PointMaid - 07-29-2022

And I trust that the name of Alexandra needs no introduction, a smaller but robust young woman replies. Still, niceties and hospitality are important.

She folds her paper, smiling as she sees the Witness' endorsement.

I am sure we will all see the correct path when it is all laid out. Some of our positions are very defensive, others well situated for offense... it is inevitability.

RE: Uncivil War: The first six months. - Mr. Lee Hammer - 07-29-2022

I am very business-miinded, so I can assure you I am no imbecile, the jowly-looking man with gold glasses and trenchcoat says in a thick accent while puffing away on a cigar.

Ralphael Markhan, leader of the Organization for Special Interests of Obychinzk. If you're all looking for someone who can greatly aid your causes, I can supply you all with the best weapons and equipment I can get from the international markets.

The best weapons? You wouldn't mean my weapons, would you, Mr. Markhan?

A mischevious smile grows across Lara's face.

RE: Uncivil War: The first six months. - Kennifer - 07-29-2022

An average-sized woman with somewhat of a... severe look to her speaks up next. She has black hair tied mostly neatly into a bun, fair skin, and is dressed in black and red with gold accents.

"Juniper Banks, founder of the Juniper Banks Obychinzk Company. I have no doubt that you will need resources for your operations, whether that be fuels to run your tanks or metals for construction. My company specializes in mining and drilling, and I would be willing to negotiate sales or trades for other supplies as I find myself in need of them."

Ms. Dolre, I don't doubt you have such superb weaponry one bit. But I have come in contact with arms dealers all around the world. Lots of them working with terrorist groups who were sold some very good wares. And as such come with a high price. I'm talking about things that could easily start World War III.

Check the stamps at the bottom of your goods, Markhan. Good chance they are all DMI weapons, or not of the quality you are claiming.

She speaks with the conviction that she is right about all of this. After all, Dolre Military Industries has been pushing the boundaries of how much a weapon could do, hasn't it?

Ralphael lets out a loud, boisterous chuckle.

Touche.

RE: Uncivil War: The first six months. - Despair's Archon of Memes - 07-29-2022

The sound of mechanical whirring grows more and more intense... As a mechanical but humanoid figure approaches...

William Octavius Robinson of the Mechanicus Imperium. Invest in today, trust in tomorrow.

Alexandra grins. Very good. Merchants and arms dealers. A modern army for a modern empire. I have nothing against private enterprise.

RE: Uncivil War: The first six months. - MadameButterflyKnife - 07-29-2022

"The woman has a point. No such thing as modernity without a modern army." An older woman with distinctive magenta hair appears from the shadows.

"Now, Mrs. Markhan, it is a pleasure to meet you. I do admire your work. I feel my prototypes are an obvious improvement on the incredible base you have left for us to make. Just as this nation will be an incredible base for it's introduction into a security asset for the modern world. I should introduce myself. My legal name is August Fox. Current commander of the Legion for the Light of Liberty, or the LLL as more succinctly put."

The pleasure's all mine, Ms. Fox. And secuity is very important business to get into. We can't have nosy people dig into matters that don't concern them, can we? Keep up the good work. No doubt you'll come up with all sorts of advancemts. Care for a cigar? Markham offers one to Fox.

RE: Uncivil War: The first six months. - MadameButterflyKnife - 07-29-2022

Fox smiles. "I would love a smoke. But rest assured, I have my own supply." She takes a cigar of her own, examines it, and lights it up.

RE: Uncivil War: The first six months. - Despair's Archon of Memes - 07-29-2022

Speaking of advancements... The Mechanicus Imperium has them in spades, and we'd be glad to offer you our services! Technology is the future, after all...

Excellent. I look forward to mutually beneficial alliances. I do believe that one must change with the times. But there's no reason why one can't use what has been proven to work, as well.

Alexandra pets the head of her horse, Bucephalus, which is lounging beside her.

RE: Uncivil War: The first six months. - MadameButterflyKnife - 07-30-2022

Fox notes the horse. "A war horse. Very skilled. They have such a long history in war. It must be an incredible asset if you let them with you at such a time. Personally, I would only trust my most skilled and essential soldiers under my command with being here."

RE: Uncivil War: The first six months. - Kennifer - 07-30-2022

"I look forward to seeing what sorts of goods and resources we might be able to trade. My company has stockpiles of metals and fuels that I am sure your would be of benefit to your weapons and technologies, after all."

"Oil is indeed the fuel of war. I have my prior connections, so I assure you, I will not drain you due to dependence. But I am very open to see what you have to offer."

RE: Uncivil War: The first six months. - Mr. Lee Hammer - 07-30-2022

I also have connections that can get me all the fuel I need. But my doors are open to any offers.

RE: Uncivil War: The first six months. - PointMaid - 07-30-2022

I have resources of my own as well. But as prepared as I am for war, I am also open to peaceful alliances and my doors are also open. My fleets and modern cavalry are good partners to have.

She strokes Bucephalus' nose again. Yes, very skilled indeed, Fox.

RE: Uncivil War: The first six months. - Despair's Archon of Memes - 07-30-2022

I believe that the technological marvels that the Imperium has created over the years, as well as the abundant resources here will be sufficient enough to establish a foothold here. That being said... I am fully open to any offers you offer me or the Imperium.

RE: Uncivil War: The first six months. - TenOfSwords13 - 07-30-2022

Onto business then? I feel as if we should start by dividing the area between the six of us. I have found thirteen unclaimed areas of note, perhaps we should discuss how best to distribute them amongst us?

"Excellent. Let's get onto business. I have noticed that multiple of those key areas are within dangerous range of those separatists. As they have decided not to show up to the table, I feel we can all agree that their opinion will not matter to this. I propose we begin by focusing on that area, for when they inevitably fall to themselves and our superior powers."

RE: Uncivil War: The first six months. - TenOfSwords13 - 07-30-2022

I belive myself and the OS can take care of that side of the map. There is a certain area that I want to discuss with you, Fox, that being Oasis and North Desert. It does seem to be a tempting area for you to move towards, and I am concerned about possible future movements from there.