Trouble Cube Forums
[Mafia] Escape from Zombie Park Island 3 - Printable Version

+- Trouble Cube Forums (https://troublecube.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Trouble Cube (https://troublecube.net/mybb/Forum-Trouble-Cube)
+--- Forum: Hybrid games (https://troublecube.net/mybb/Forum-Hybrid-games)
+---- Forum: Murdergames (https://troublecube.net/mybb/Forum-Murdergames)
+---- Thread: [Mafia] Escape from Zombie Park Island 3 (/Thread-Mafiagame-Escape-from-Zombie-Park-Island-3)

RE: Escape from Zombie Park Island 3 - PointMaid - 05-03-2022

Paul! It was so good to see a positive interest in my work. How good to meet you in person. I can't wait to show you what we have here. Oh, yes, the equipment got here all right. My new employees here had to get a bit creative helping me get it to the lab, but that's just logistics on an island like this that doesn't have paved roads. Yet!

RE: Escape from Zombie Park Island 3 - Mr. Lee Hammer - 05-03-2022

Of course, of course! These things take time. But I have a feeling with some funding here, this will be ultimately high-tech and your research will reach its maximum potential.

It was at this point, Shoehorn was walking nearby the area, being attracted by the helicopter that just arrived and also heard the whole conversation.

Frankie, now you're meeting with someone from the US Government? I can't really see this going well at all. Especially from this guy! I'd be careful if I were you, he seems very fishy.

Will ya relax? Paul tells Shoehorn. She is on the verge of doing some great things! Why don't you be a little more supportive of her?

I'm not some naive little girl, Shoehorn! I know what I'm doing. And there are plenty of programs... NASA does climate monitoring. Yellowstone was the first National Park in the entire world.

Just as Shoehorn was getting ready to say something to Frankie, Paul decides to intervene between the two of them.

Hey, hey, hey, let's all just cool it here, huh? Now Frankie, don't worry about him. He just doesn't seem to understand the complexities of everything. But I'm sure he'll come around. Now.... you said something about a tour of this place. I'd love to see what you got.

Frankie gives Shoehorn a look that seems to say 'sorry'.

Oh, yes indeed. After a meal, perhaps? One of my employees here had something they wanted to say...

After a long helicopter ride, I'll gladly take you up on the meal. But yeah, whoever it was wanted to say something? Go on, we got all day. What do you have to say?

Shoehorn gives Frankie a look of concern and Paul a scathing glare before walking off in frustration.

RE: Escape from Zombie Park Island 3 - Cassie - 05-03-2022

(05-03-2022, 13:34:02 PM)PointMaid Wrote: ...Yes

Technically you're already saying something. But go on.

...Illina takes a recall of her memories from back at Stablereed. A couple of people. The supernatural happenings. Disappearances...the seeming apathy of the townsfolk towards the unusually high disappearance rate.

...seemingly uncaring. Seemingly uncaring's the key phrase linking what's going on right now and what she remembers regarding the townsfolk in response to the disappearances.

"Frankie...just. Hear me out a bit. What's been driving you to do this, again? Why does it seem like this is something that's happened enough that you're perfecting something at this point- hold on, wrong questions..."

Illina still held onto the tone and face of concern, but her body language seemed stern to get close and tell Frankie something important or whatever.

"So you think this is
worth the risk?What is with the tone of this one, huh? Feels different from the rest...
If people have not changed any better in this future...what does that mean in other cases? Back in Stablereed someone related to a friend of mine disappeared, and hasn't been found since. Would they even be known or cared, or missed about if they went missing today? If the threat of death doesn't motivate or demotivate someone, what will? What even will, ever?
Ever...ever...ever...heard as echoes only picked up within the minds of the listeners that're paying attention.
"

"Are you sure you don't have anything to fear about this? That you're not overconfident about it?"

RE: Escape from Zombie Park Island 3 - PopcornPie - 05-03-2022

Fluttershy hoofs it up to the stranger. "Umm...Hi. I'm Fluttershy. I'm one of the new hired help." She scraped the tip of her hoof against the ground.

Yes, I believe that the work I'm doing here is important! Or I wouldn't go to rather extraordinary lengths to get financing. I could just spend my time finding out a single small fine point of genetics research. Teaching students who aren't likely to grow up to change the world. ...Not being ostracized by my peers. Yes, I believe it's worth the risk.

I don't believe people are worse today. And I don't believe technology always makes things worse. On the contrary! I want to show the world that we can do great things. Create the world we want. We're not locked into passively acquiescing to what happens. And I'm sorry about your friend... but if I go... I want to leave that kind of legacy on the world. Do something for it.

Paul Carter, US Government, he says to Fluttershy. Heard the Doctor had brought on a brand new crew here. Looks like you're all doing a good job keeping things running. Keep up the good work because you're about to be a part of something big. And trust me, everyone here will be front and center of it.

He turns his attention to Frankie.

Very well said. You're a pretty ambitious woman who seems to have some very big goals. I like that. And that's why I'm here. I'll have a browse at your operations and I will make sure you have unlimited funding to take care of everything you need. I promise you that you'll be a hero for generations to come. Your name will be alongside the great scientific minds like Marie Curie or Jonas Salk. There's a lot of potential here. Now you said something about a meal? I am hungry. We can talk more during our meal.

Frankie now seems to be grinning from ear to pale ear.

Oh, yes. Fresh on the grill, best thing! We get some supplies flown in or by boat, of course, but naturally grow a lot of our own vegetables, both more sustainable, cost effective, and necessary if we can't get supplies for a bit for whatever reason.. the climate is such that we can do it year round. Fresh grilled potatoes, corn, tomatoes, mushrooms... local ginger and hot peppers, too!

You had me at "fresh on the grill". Let's go, shall we?

RE: Escape from Zombie Park Island 3 - Oggy123 - 05-03-2022

Bandana Waddle Dee watches closely. He starts to think to himself: "Bandee, perhaps some of the guys raised a good point. Perhaps if we let her pull this off, something bad will happen, not just to me, but to my friends and Frankie! What if some of my friends become zombies? What if they escaped to Popstar?"

Bandana Dee brushes it off. "No, no, no. I'm sure Frankie and the others have figured it all out. I just need to be careful."

He then goes positive at the mention of a meal.

"A meal? Don't mind if i do!"

Frankie nods happily, and heads over to the grill to fire it up...

Fluttershy's ears fall. [i]"I was only told I would be helping with formerly extinct animals. Big goals? No, I hate big. Especially for something like this. It's just not right."

She proceeds to slip off to find Shoehorn.

RE: Escape from Zombie Park Island 3 - Dookie - 05-03-2022

1. Make a plan how to clean the lab most efficiently and effectively. Time is critical, the quicker I can start the quicker I'll have the cure! But a dirty lab leads to dirty results, so don't skimp. If I swab the lab and try to grow what I swab in a petri dish - nothing should grow! Understood?

"How about we spend a day cleaning the lab? Everyone can pitch in and help."

2. Time for some more heavy lifting! The wooly mammoths, specifically. I need to get them from the flat plains to the colder reaches of the island's mountains which they're better suited for. What do you suggest?

"We'll use a big vehicle, like a truck or a plane, to carry them."

3. Wouldn't it be fantastic to let the public see how real work in the lab is done once I open the place up as a park? Give me your best suggestions to get the park goers excited while letting work go on unhindered.

"What if you set up a live stream of the lab? And you can set up a budget to advertise online."

Paul watches as Frankie lights up the grill. Will ya look at that? Was expecting to go down here expecting all business, not a barbecue. So hey, this is really making my trip, he says while giving off some lighthearted laughter.

Meanwhile, as Shoehorn stands near a tree, deep in thought over everything happening right now, he noticed Fluttershy coming towards him.

Fluttershy? I guess you're not interested in the party that's happening now. Can't say I blame you there.

RE: Escape from Zombie Park Island 3 - TenOfSwords13 - 05-03-2022

Dusk also drifts away from the party that's starting, towards Shoehorn

Government agents give me the creeps. They're never here for something good.

RE: Escape from Zombie Park Island 3 - Zanreo - 05-03-2022

"Hey, I'm sure she knows what she's doing with this! As long as all precautions are in place, it should be safe for both visitors and the animals..." Mikel says.

"As for my ideas..."

1. "Obviously, the best way would be to just start cleaning! Vacuums CHEAP Buy Here the floors, dust and disinfect everywhere, get buckets and mops, and have everyone collaborate on the cleaning!"

2. "Hm... you got any trucks or anything that can handle the weight of one? If so, get it in there - lure it in with something - and we're good to go!"

3. "Oh, you can leave that to me!" he says with a grin. "First step is making people know of it, and what better way than... Top Rated Advertising Services? I'll get those ads all over the internet!"

My thoughts exactly, Dusk. When the government gets involved, it usually doesn't end well. But him.... he's giving me a really bad vibe. Now I love Frankie to death. Platonically speaking, of course. But she is starting to get reckless here. I have a feeling that something bad is going to happen here because of Paul. There has to be something that can be done. Something that can convince her.

"It was bad enough that Frankie wasn't honest about the zombie virus. Now she hasn't even been honest about us about her plans for the island!" Fluttershy stomped her hoof. "Does she expect us to be guarding the animals around the clock and killing potential poachers? That's not fun for anyone!"

RE: Escape from Zombie Park Island 3 - TenOfSwords13 - 05-03-2022

It's only temporary, Fluttershy. But I still agree, the doctor has not exactly been open about much of anything. And this whole government crap... does anyone have an ace up their sleeve that can get him out of this?

RE: Escape from Zombie Park Island 3 - Kennifer - 05-03-2022

Nepeta, not entirely sure who to trust or anything, opts to just

>go get some food.

Trust me, her plans to open this up as a park threw me into a loop as well. I didn't come here just to deal with anymore careless strangers. I dealt with that in my old island. And they eventually forced my hand and I had to try and fight them off. Sure, going to war over it may not have been so good, but I didn't have much choice. People losing their lives over it all. And I don't want anymore bloodshed to happen. But I will not let this island go down to any poachers or other people that will trash this place. I'll think of something to perhaps convince her that this is not the way to go. Especially with all these animals she's brought back to life!

>go get some food. (Nepeta)

You just grab a piece of meat that's not even cooked. It's been sitting for days and it's all spoiled. It's disgusting and you're probably about to get food poisoning.