Trouble Cube Forums
The Murder Challenge - Printable Version

+- Trouble Cube Forums (https://troublecube.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Trouble Cube (https://troublecube.net/mybb/Forum-Trouble-Cube)
+--- Forum: Hybrid games (https://troublecube.net/mybb/Forum-Hybrid-games)
+---- Forum: Murdergames (https://troublecube.net/mybb/Forum-Murdergames)
+---- Thread: The Murder Challenge (/Thread-The-Murder-Challenge)

RE: The Murder Challenge - Kennifer - 04-18-2022

"I don't want to take my chances with that, since... well, we don't know where she was sent."

RE: The Murder Challenge - Despair's Archon of Memes - 04-18-2022

New peep? Okay... The name's Kanade, and... Same situation as the others, stuck in a game where people are about to kill us!

RE: The Murder Challenge - Florien - 04-18-2022

Lucintsea, busy looking slightly unhealthy with her washed out eyes and mats of greasy hair barely contained under a loose-fitting kettle hat, gradually tilts her head as if she hadn't heard anything just said.

oh. Killing? is that so?

Apparently she did hear.

Hi. I'm the captain here now too.

She speaks extremely quietly, as she just sort of drifts into the corner of the room, staring blankly.

do you know who the killers are yet?

RE: The Murder Challenge - TenOfSwords13 - 04-18-2022

We have no idea who the killers are, except for that they are all still alive.

RE: The Murder Challenge - Guma - 04-18-2022

the crazy nft conspiracy theorist WASNT one, that should let you know what were dealing with

Well then find the killers. It can't be that hard.

Also while you're at it I do not care about what you got wrong. I only want the information you got right. I don't like extraneous things like that.

RE: The Murder Challenge - Guma - 04-18-2022

we didnt get anything "right". we barely had any evidence. best we know is that one of the killers has normal sized feet

RE: The Murder Challenge - Kennifer - 04-18-2022

"The problem is we've got barely anything to go on as to who could've killed Hypercam last night, and even less on who's in league with them."

"I can vouch for Nintendo and SEGA being innocent though, if that's worth anything.

RE: The Murder Challenge - PopcornPie - 04-18-2022

"Captain". Finally. A word Entrapta recognized, a word she trusted. "I started to figure that Selenium was the killer because she was the first to vote Bwyn, who was accusing her. But then Kanade came up with a theory that would mean I was the one lying about my role, and thus probably the killer. Do you want to hear whose roles we worked out?"

RE: The Murder Challenge - PointMaid - 04-18-2022

...Bywyn was accusing me with some cockamamie theory. And kept accusing anyone who said anything against it, no matter whether the criticism was warranted or not. You really expected me to stand still for that? If there had been a better option... Besides, I was just the first one to say it and everyone else practically hopped on board. Well, you did hesitate, sure.

The roles though, yes. Anyone who had a particular role and wasn't contradicted is much less suspicious. At least if the rules we were told are to be believed. ...Unfortunately, I don't have any particular role. I'm just powerless.

Okay

yes tell me everything that you learned. nothing wrong.

"I only voted for it because at four to one, it would've been useless to vote for who I actually thought was guilty. Thing is, it didn't seem to have an interest or the strength to go after Hypercam. I think it was actually...um, never mind." Her eyes flashed to Coldsteel. "I'm the ISP. Well, I think I am. I might not actually be, even though I distinctly remember roleblocking Kanade, who says she's the distraction dancer. Nintendo and Sega are the Alphas, Hypercam was the stickbugger, and everyone else is roleless. We don't know who the Driver is."

okay

I don't care about your reasoning for why you voted for which. Voting is bad anyway.

it will be dark soon again.

to be clear, the "distraction dancer" is the most powerful here. The one who can prevent any death by simply showing up.

But also, they are vulnerable, for they cannot protect themselves.

soft. like a cake. Aside from that, do not doubt yourself. That will only poison you against your own greatness as a part of the captaincy.

"Does that mean we should protect Kanade?"

how?

It's only one word, said in an almost completely flat tone, only processable as a question by the context. Yet the question does remain, how exactly can Kanade be protected from death?

"Always be near her? With a weapon?"

...Have you ever been hit with a diplomacy stick?

Lucintsea doesn't elaborate, just standing next to the wall, blankly staring forwards into space, apparently thinking that saying that somehow proved something.

You can try guarding if you want.

"No, captain, I haven't. I've been tazed, though."

Jamie seems to have the power to teleport people. I don't know how, but he does... seem to have that power. So unfortunately, if he wants someone to be unguarded... I don't think we'd have much luck guarding them.

"But Kanade can probably deter her own murder, right?"

we could try if you want

I don't really know either way

"Jamie seems to have strange powers. He's capable of pulling weapons out of thin air and teleporting himself around. So Selenium's right, guarding Kanade will be tricky if not impossible."

have you tried familiarizing Jamie or anyone else? That could get us out easily, if Jamie could be convinced to get familiarized.

Familiarized?

...Do you mean friendly? Make him our friend so he'll let us out?

"Um...Jamie's not exactly the 'familiarizing' type right now. He made us vote to kill one of his teammates, for one thing. In fact, I don't even know where he goes when nothing's happening."