Trouble Cube Forums
The Mockingbird Watches - Printable Version

+- Trouble Cube Forums (https://troublecube.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Trouble Cube (https://troublecube.net/mybb/Forum-Trouble-Cube)
+--- Forum: Hybrid games (https://troublecube.net/mybb/Forum-Hybrid-games)
+---- Forum: Murdergames (https://troublecube.net/mybb/Forum-Murdergames)
+---- Thread: The Mockingbird Watches (/Thread-The-Mockingbird-Watches)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

The Mockingbird Watches - Billy5545 - 02-19-2021

Introduction

You find yourself in a fancy room of a strange city. Looking around, you hear flamboyant-looking people saying Panem and the Capitol among their chatterings. Then suddenly, a man enters your room and says, "Welcome to the 1st season of the multiversal Hunger Games. May the odds be with you."

What is this?

The Mockingbird Watches is a Murdergame based on the Hunger Games. Your character will first start in the Capitol, where they will be talking with sponsors, being briefed by their respective trainers and paraded before they are sent into the Arena.

In the Arena, it is an obvious kill or be killed situation as you can see from the novels or films.

Gameplay

We will first start a season by having our characters be coached by their respective trainers, before meeting with some individuals to promote them to the sponsors, then being paraded as they are sent to the Arena. Also, four of the tributes may be randomly selected as careers, who will be granted more knowledge of the game, more training and more favor from sponsors. The tributes will then be launched from the Launch Room.

In the Arena, it's a free-for-all, though alliances can also be made to help survival. But first, let's note the locations and features. First, the Cornucopia will be the place where you can restock your supplies. It will be a tribute's first destination in the Bloodbath and it will be restocked during the Feast. Next, watch out for the Pods. As their name indicates, they are random pods that contain various kinds of traps, ranging from mutts, harmful substances, horrifying execution devices, etc. Third is the Forcefield, which is meant to prevent escape. However, it's solid and electrical, so you can figure out something to exploit it.

Then the wildlife. Like in the original Hunger Games, there will be muttations, vicious beasts that are engineered from animals and fallen tributes. It will also feature other animals, like the tracker jackers that can cause hallucination and severe poisoning for example. Then there are also poisonous plants in addition to edible ones.

In addition, the Gamemakers can manipulate situations with their discretion. They can encourage something to happen or trigger an Arena Event, which is an Arena-wide event intended to affect every tribute. Also there are Sponsors who can gift a tribute they root for various supplies, from food, weapons, medicine and more.

As for the action system, it will run on RTD. It can encompass combat, impressing sponsors, building a camp, scavenging and others. Basically, most actions will be determined in their success by rolls. However, the combat system will exclusively feature positive or negative modifiers (both adding or subtracting by 1 respectively) that will be based on a tribute's strength or weaknesses and applied after the initial roll. For example, if your tribute is physically weak but tries to perform an attack that requires a lot of physical fitness, they will get a negative modifier. Likewise, if they perform an attack that is best suited to their strength, they will get a positive modifier. In addition, injuries will also be factored into the negative modifier.

Also, a player can have their tribute try to perform a counter-action when they are being attacked. The roll will determine if they immediately get killed, merely get injured, successfully avoid injury, manage to counter and hurt their attacker, or even overpower and kill them.

So here's all

Rules

1. '''No Godmodding'''. It will be unfair and ruin the fun out of everyone if you do so. For details of what constitutes godmodding, you can read this.

2. No sharing of DMs from the host until the round is over.

3. Don't be a dick. If you do so here or anywhere else, then you'll be banned from this RP and it's future iterations.

4. If you can't post within a week, you'll be automatically replaced, unless if you give a reason why so. Speaking of, please DM if you want to quit. '''Don't gamethrow.'''

5. If you get kicked, banned or unable to participate anymore, your character will be killed off and replaced.

6. If your character getsget killed, you won't be able to post for the rest of the season.

7. Editing will be allowed, but only for minor spelling/grammar mistakes. Also specify what's edited in spoilered text. If you are caught changing actions entirely, you'll be warned and the action will be assumed to go negatively. If you repeatedly make the offense, then you will be kicked.

Application

Name:

Source Material:

Appearance:

Backstory:

Abilities and Equipments: (Also include weakness in this)

'''Other:'''

First Season Tributes

1. Amiya (by Billy5545)

2. Wally (Centipede) (by wingedcatgirl)

3. Henry Stickmin (by Despair's Archon of Memes)

4. Papa Louie (by TalesOfUnder)

5. Wally (Pokémon) (by TheGeekArtist08)

6. Sorbet Shark Cookie (by KungFuCutbug

7. Kenny McCornick (by Dookie)

8. Kennifer (by Kennifer)

9. Dumy (by madface7)

10. Thawn (by Gigan (TC name pending))

11. Kyuusaku “Q” Yumeno (by Subparman)

12. Lawn Gnome Giuseppe Zangara (by Florien)

13. Melody Smith (by Weirdguy149)

14. Jindra (by GoldenCityBird)

15. Maximilian (by Mrperson2006 (TC name pending))

16. (N/A)

RE: The Mockingbird Watches - Billy5545 - 02-19-2021

Continuing from the last point, which is here

> Project your confidence and sense of leadership to the audience and potential sponsors (Amiya) (4)

Amiya makes a confident speech, "Greetings Capitol residents. I am Amiya, the CEO of Rhodes Island. Don't be afraid of me. I will prove to the world that we will eradicate the problems of the Infected and find a cure for Oripathy. Please, support us by sponsoring me and my survival in the Arena, so our company will not go into a decline with the death of our leader, which is me."

"Also if there are still some people who doubt me, let it be known that I am one of the most powerful Arts user in Terra. My Arts is nothing to be underestimated at! This means that I can take it all."

The crowd then start cheering for her, though some potential sponsors still sit down, looking indifferent as they still have their doubts about her medical condition and how it ties to her survival.

> Make a cheesy smile at the sponsors (Melody) (1)

Unfortunately, Melody's smile is so forced that the sponsors see through it. In addition, her reputation as an avox doesn't help. Melody is soon forced to deal with the whole crowd booing at her and shouting about the negative aspects of the Avox.

> Try and make a good impression in front of the audience and potential sponsors (Pokémon!Wally) (3)

It seems that Wally's bard outfit may be outdated to Capitol standards. In addition, he looks nervous, so it doesn't give him many fans among the citizens, but there are few loyal supporters who are willing to help. Also, at least most of them are just indifferent rather than hating him.

> Attempt to appear secure and confident. (Kennifer) (3)

Kennifer's outfit is not considered outdated at least. However, Kennifer doesn't look too confident, so the audience has the same reaction as they did to that Wally.

> Try to impress the sponsors (Jindra) (5)

Jindra manages to project a convincingly confident picture in their appearance, expression, and speech. By the end, the audience all cheer for Jindra, making him one of the most popular and supported tributes in this season.

> Appeal to the audience and impress the sponsors (Henry) (6)

Henry showcases some of his gadgets, as well as his moves. The audience is initially impressed by how awesome they are, as well as having their eyes caught by the distraction dance. Unfortunately, disaster happens. When showcasing an invention, his luck turns bad, causing it to malfunction and throw parts at the audience. The opinion of the scared audience then turns against him because of this.

> Make a good (if distinctly cocky) impression with the crowd (Centipede!Wally) (6)

The other Wally boasts a lot about himself, as well as tell his exploits. It seems to be very popular at first, until Wally makes a slip in his speech, which angers many of the audience members.

> Try to impress the sponsors, preferably in an Adorkable way (Kenny) (5)

Fortunately, they don't kill Kenny again. Instead, it's far from it. Kenny manages to be so adorable that the audience start to root for him as one of the fan favorites of this season despite his disadvantages.

> Say this all in an unintentionally hilarious and comedic way, making them be like "haha funny gnome man, give him all the stuff" (Giuseppe) (5)

"Behold my might, sponsor! I kill king, president, and capitalist, and you will give me wealth and supplies and be spared!"

It works beyond Giuseppe's expectation. Despite the reminder to the past rebellions, Giuseppe's delivery of the speech and his clothing are so funny that the audience members are somehow willing to overlook it and root for him instead. Giuseppe is now one of the top three fan favorites alongside Jindra and Kenny.

> Power up and shoot Ki blast at the sky (Thawn) (4)

Thawn decides to go for a display of power by firing a beam of energy into the sky, which nearly hits a quadcopter. The audience members are impressed by the aura emanating from him and the beam, but at the same time, it isn't his full power, so few are still unconvinced. That being said, he does have a good amount of supporters like Amiya now.

-----

After all these displays, the chariot ride is over as all the trains reach the end of the road. As the tributes all embark from the rides, they are approached by some in interviewers before Samuel retrieves them for the Arena. The tributes can now choose to talk with them in hopes of fixing or boosting their reputation. However, if they don't feel like it, they can talk with fellow tributes to bond with them before the fight to the death.

RE: The Mockingbird Watches - Dookie - 02-19-2021

Kenny takes off his hood.

“Well....I just wanna say.....please don't kill me, I'm not going to kill your ass unless you try to kill my ass,” He tells his fellow tributes.

RE: The Mockingbird Watches - artsyGeek - 02-19-2021

Wally awkwardly looks at the others. "I.. uhm, don't know if I should expect that or not.."

Wally is just a child, after all. Putting a kid in a game of death felt.. wrong, at least to him.

He decides to not think about it too much, and, noticing Kenny, waves at him. "Heya. I hope you're doing fine today."

RE: The Mockingbird Watches - GoldenCityBird - 02-19-2021

"Same here," Jindra replies, still smiling high from all the positive attention they garnered from their speech. "I don't plan on winning alone, but if I have to, I will. If you want my honest help, feel free to ask. But if you want to betray me... that'd be a pretty dumb decision."

They look around at the other tributes. "I'm open for casual conversation in the meantime."

“Question: Do we have to win alone? If so, fuck that shitass rule. I don't wanna kill anybody.”

RE: The Mockingbird Watches - Weirdguy149 - 02-19-2021

Melody sighed quietly. Of course she'd be the only one that the crowd despised. As soon as she got inside, she retreated to the corner again with a frown.

RE: The Mockingbird Watches - Despair's Archon of Memes - 02-19-2021

Henry sighs as another one of his gadgets fails him once again.

Just my damn luck...

RE: The Mockingbird Watches - Kennifer - 02-19-2021

Kennifer pondered trying to correct her impression, but as it was with her lack of confidence rather than her clothing choice she figured she might blunder and make things worse. Especially since the whole thing made her more nervous. So instead she'd get to know some of the people who might kill her. Goodie, that's... probably not a confidence booster.

"Well, I... tried, I guess? And I sure as hell don't want to kill any of you unless I have to. You know, like in self defense or something. I don't want to be a killer but I'm not going to just play victim, either. Ya know?"

RE: The Mockingbird Watches - Billy5545 - 02-19-2021

Amiya soon talks to the others, "don't worry, I will also not kill you." Amiya refers to Kenny. She then says, "I'm sorry about my speech if you took it the wrong way, but I had to do it to impress the crowd."

"If anything, can we please all cooperate in this horrible "game"? After all, there got to be a way to escape or at least have more than one of us win."

RE: The Mockingbird Watches - madface7 - 02-19-2021

"A way that more than one of us can win, huh?" Dumy puts a hand on his chin.

"...As much as I'd rather win by myself, I guess you guys aren't as lame as I thought, at least so far."

RE: The Mockingbird Watches - Despair's Archon of Memes - 02-19-2021

I suppose we could find a way to get out of this together...

Henry reflects on his times with Charles and Ellie while saying this...

RE: The Mockingbird Watches - Kennifer - 02-19-2021

"Escaping, or more than one of us winning... I'd be on board with either of those."

Kennifer kinda half-smiles.

"I'm up for teaming but...are we the only ones playing?"

Kenny was...befuddled. He thought that if it was just the 15 contestants playing, the game would never end. But if there were more, then they could go along with it.

RE: The Mockingbird Watches - GoldenCityBird - 02-19-2021

"I don't know how to put it into words, but..." Jindra thinks for a moment. "I don't think it's us against each other. Rather, the people running the game will probably pull tricks to try and catch us off guard and get us killed."

RE: The Mockingbird Watches - artsyGeek - 02-19-2021

Wally looks concerned at the idea. "W.. Why were we here anyways? Who.. Asked us to be in this? Is there a way to escape?"

RE: The Mockingbird Watches - madface7 - 02-19-2021

Dumy puts an arm around Pokemon!Wally.

"Look, you're the only guy from Hoenn I really don't think is a shit with no personality. So I..."

"My Pokémon will protect you, alright?"

RE: The Mockingbird Watches - wingedcatgirl - 02-19-2021

Wally G has opted to stay with the tributes rather than doing more interviews, but he looks distinctly put out and is mostly just sulking in a corner.

RE: The Mockingbird Watches - artsyGeek - 02-20-2021

Wally was surprised with Dumy's gesture. "T.. Thank you."

RE: The Mockingbird Watches - Billy5545 - 02-20-2021

"I have to agree with you Jindra. That person does look like someone who will control the whole place where we have to fight each other." Amiya refers to Samuel.

"Anyway, i think we haven't got the opportunity to talk more about our origins. So, where did you come from, and how was your life before we got sent here." 

RE: The Mockingbird Watches - Despair's Archon of Memes - 02-20-2021

Oh... I'm just some regular thief... You know... Stole from a bank, took some gems, escaped from a few prisons, took down a criminal organization... The usual.

RE: The Mockingbird Watches - artsyGeek - 02-20-2021

"I.. I was a Pokemon trainer before all this. It was a fun thing to do, and I bonded well with them. I.. wish they're doing alright without me."

Amiya thinks at what Henry said. While a thief sounds shady, she is reminded that Rhodes Island itself has some operators who's background include thievery, like Rope or Haze, so she does not hold Henry in contempt. She even thinks that his feats were pretty amazing.

As for the Pokémon Wally, she says to him, "I'm sorry that you got separated from your friends. I understand your feelings, as I was once separated from my friends too." While Amiya has never heard of a Pokémon before, she did recently when observing Dumy's, being able to sense a little that they do have emotions like normal humans. Thus, she understands what Wally's Pokémons mean to him. As for understanding it, Amiya did have to deal with dead operators from time to time, such as an elite operator, Ace, back in her world.

Then at this moment, Samuel arrives with an unknown individual. He then points to Papa Louie, who's blending with the crowd gathered around the tributes. Then as Samuel says, "take him!" the Peacekeepers oblige and does so by grabbing Papa Louie away from the street. No one knows what will happen next to him, except for few in the Capitol.

Samuel then walks into the gathered tributes while announcing, "we have recently discovered something about Papa Louie that makes him unworthy as a tribute, so we have to replace him with another one. His name is Canderous Ordo."

As the crowd cheers at the replacement tribute, Samuel says to Ordo, "now before I send you and your fellow tributes to the Arena, I am giving you some bit of time to acquint yourself with them."

RE: The Mockingbird Watches - Mr. Lee Hammer - 02-20-2021

So I am officially a tribute. I shall introduce myself. My name is Canderous of the Mandalorian clan Ordo. I have been fighting wars for 50 of your years. I am here to bring my Mandalorian ways here to the Arena, to test myself in battle. To pit myself against impossible odds. Win or lose, I fight for the glory of battle.