Dismiss this notice
Hey, guest! Welcome to Trouble Cube! Stay a while and chat with us!

[Signup - CLOSED] Toontown Showdown 2
Welcome to Schadenfreude Studios! The studio with the biggest animated blockbusters anywhere! Literally, we will blow up your block and animate it. A family-owned and operated studio for three generations!

As always, we're on the hunt for new talent. And what better way to find out who's ready for the spotlight than to have all the applicants compete against one another? Be careful, the competition can get cutthroat!

Judging you in this competition, and in life, will be the co-owner of the studio and co-star of the Schadenfreude Sisters Shorts, Lotta Schadenfreude, and one of our oldest and most beloved stars that have been with us from the beginning, Mincer Mouse. You'll have to try to impress them to have any chance of winning and becoming a STAR, and these two enjoy it when the competition gets rough and ready. Do you have what it takes? It'll be a test not just of physical stamina, but mental ingenuity as well.

Please pick up your studio map and remember to stay on the studio campus.
Map
[Image: attachment.php?aid=138]

Good luck, and watch out for falling anvils,

Lotta Schadenfreude [PointMaid] [Image: 685797_pgvPR4bH.png]
Mincer Mouse [Lee the Hammer] [Image: mincer.png]

Toontown Showdown 2 is a Dangan-style murdergame, meaning there are no roles; anyone can kill if they choose to do so. In addition, players will take part in challenges for a chance to win nightly immunity.

GAMEPLAY
* Each day, the main soundstage will have another set constructed and you will be given a new map for it and allowed to explore. After which the challenge will begin and players will have to do them within the time limit. The challenge responses will be judged by Point and Hammer. Both hosts will choose the winner(s), who will receive nightly immunity.
* During night phase, players will PM both hosts on what actions they want to do. The maximum cap for nightly murders is two. If multiple players PM kills, they will be chosen randomly. Do note if no one sends in kill PMs, one random player will be killed off during the day.
* Once day phase begins, it's investigation and voting time. Players look for evidence with actions that are RNG-based from 1 to 10. 1 failing miserably with the possibility of evidence getting destroyed and 10 being where things go way too well. Players will have until the deadline to investigate and vote.
* After investigation/voting time ends, the soundstage set will be re-done and you will be given a new map. And like before, explore and do challenges, investigate/vote, repeat on and on.
* Murders can happen during the day. But you'll be visible during the day if you do so unless you and the other player are in the same room.

RULES
1. Since this is a cartoon-themed murdergame, only cartoon characters are allowed. They can come from animated TV series, shorts, movies, anime, and comic strips. If you must play a non-animated character, please run it by Point and Hammer first.
2. Standard murdergame rules apply. No godmodding, no turbo-lurking, be nice to your players, no editing your posts (double-post if you need to make a correction), remain in character in thread, don't post in thread if you're dead (or give off hints on who killed you).

SIGN-UP TEMPLATE:
Name:
Source Media:
Abilities:
Other:

CAST:
1. Jennifer "Jenny" Wakeman (Guma)
2. Tina Belcher (Kennifer)
3. Meito Anizawa (Zanreo)
4. Leroy and Loretta Lockhorn (Florien)
5. Timothy the Cat and Maurice the Mouse (Oggy)
6. Adrien Agreste/Cat Noir (Sylvi)
7. Haruhi Suzumiya (Despair's Archon of Memes)
8. Perch Perkins (wahoothis)
9. Walt Disney (Cutegirl)
10. Badgerclops (Magolor)
11. Grampy (EeveeGirlChey)
12. Dr. Doofenshmirtz (Owen23)
Murdergames Characters
Frankie * Dr. Ruby Ramirez * Solanacae Bakersby * Sam BlackSelen(ium) * Reina Schultz * Dr. Francine "Frankie" Frankenstein * Lotta Schadenfreude

Need a bigger bookshelf? Join me in The Library.
/reserve
Name: Tina Belcher
Source Media: Bob's Burgers
Abilities: Tina is pretty good at performing (at least since she got over her stage fright) and has acted in some productions at school (namely performing with the Hormone-iums and in a couple school plays). She's also decent enough at detective work and research when it's important to her (having figured out the identity of the "Mad Pooper", deduced that Tammy had dandruff rather than lice, etc.) And she often runs the grill at her dad's restaurant so she's a pretty decent cook.
Other: Tina is quite awkward, totally boy-crazy, and loves horses and zombies. She's not a good liar and doesn't always get good grades (especially in math.) Image is below; she's probably pretty average-size for a 13 year old girl. She will talk in this color.

[Image: 3.png]
Stupid doomed timeline...
Name: Meito Anizawa
Source Media: Technically created as the mascot for the Animate stores and has his own manga and anime OVA series called "Anime Tenchou", but is probably best known for his cameos in Lucky Star.
Abilities: Can move really fast around the place, is also a shop manager and has the required managing skills. He can also summon fire, but most of the time it's just for show and won't actually burn anything or anyone around him
Other: Speaks in a burning, bold red!

[Image: 1480998924-1-1-f759b7d2be64588eabb7a1c37caeef2d.jpg]
Glitchy Bootleg Lasers
I may not win any popularity contests back home, but the Earth needs my help, and saving people is its own reward!

[Image: Jenny_wiki_icon.png]

Name: Jennifer “Jenny” Wakeman
Mental Age: 17
Source Media: My Life as a Teenage Robot
Abilities: Here. Also, here's a list of all her gadgets & transformations.
Other: Designated as Robotic Global Response Unit [DEADNAME], Jenny stands at 2 m (6'6'') and weighs 270 kg (600 lbs). Her mission is to protect the Earth from any threats that befall it, but she also wants to live a normal life—hanging with friends & getting good grades & stuff. She can get highly emotional when things don't go her way.
[Image: unknown.png]
Toontown Showdown? With Leroy around, it'll become Toontown Slowdown.

Names: Leroy and Loretta Lockhorn
Genders: Leroy is He/Him, Loretta She/Her.
Age: The eternal beige void in which they live leaves their age unclear, but they're probably in their mid-forties at youngest, but no older than mid-fifties.
Source Media: The Lockhorns, a syndicated comic strip.
Abilities: A willingness to commit to the bit of their marriage being a miserable prison so intense that at one point Leroy booked a trip to go out of the beige void to go see the Statue of Liberty with Loretta, just to say "Huddled masses yearning to breathe free? I bet they were married", when they arrived. Also by Leroy's comments, Loretta's cooking is apparently a bioweapon, deadly poisonous, and violates the Geneva convention, except when he can make a pun about pasta, which he did exactly once.
Other: 
[Image: unknown.png]
All the world's a stage, and Loretta insists on making a lot of costume changes.
I am the They who says it!
Name: Timothy the Cat and Maurice the Mouse
Source Media: OC
Abilities: They are both surprisingly durable, being able to survive being crushed, run over, falling from heights, and others. Maurice is also surprisingly strong, and can lift up surprisingly large objects.
Other: Timothy, a gray house cat, is a sweet, laid-back cat who is generally content and enjoys life. Above all else, he likes to eat, play, and sleep, and dedicated to the safety of his house and family. However, he shares the household with Maurice, a mischievous little mouse, who loves eating as much as he does. Often, Maurice steals Timothy's food, and even when he's not hungry, he will play pranks at Timothy for no reason other than that he thinks it's funny. He also sometimes play pranks at the family. Needless to say, the two do not get along. Interestingly, Maurice can speak, while Timothy can not and only speaks in meows.
Hiiii!
To announce, we do plan to cap this around 10-16 players. So there are plenty of open spots
I like bananas. They're yellow.
Fuck it kity yeet

[Image: adrien_agreste~0.png][Image: cat_noir.png]
Name: Adrien Agreste/Cat Noir
Source Media: Miraculous Ladybug
Abilities: As Adrien, he's radiant, carefree, and dreamy. ... aka a normal middle-schooler with a lot of model training. When he transforms into Cat Noir, he gains boosts to all his physical attributes, as well as the power of Cataclysm, allowing him to disintegrate anything with a single touch... but when he does that, he uses up most of his available magic, and will be forced to transform back into Adrien within five minutes.
Other: He needs his ring to transform, and he needs to feed Plagg cheese afterward before he can transform again (also, Plagg will bug him about it). If someone were to steal or otherwise acquire his ring, they'd gain control over the power of Destruction for themself, under approximately the same restrictions (adults would be able to use Cataclysm repeatedly without having to detransform and feed Plagg in between).
Active characters:
Lucky (Party Two Treason, Murderverse Falls)

nya
Name: Haruh Suzumiya
Source Media: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (Manga/Anime)
Abilities: Mostly your normal high school girl... who also happens to be GOD. (She's unaware of it, though.)
Other: "I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, sliders or espers here, come join me. That is all."
I don't understand any of this... I'm in a world of complete insanity...
[Image: actor-perch-perkins-316183_large.jpg] [Image: artworks-nKrZiewOgTEWrV8S-63zryg-t500x500.jpg]

Name: Perch Perkins
Age: He keeps that under wrap so he can appear young and charming to all the viewers at home. He's around his late 30s to early 40s.
Source Media: SpongeBob SquarePants
Abilities: A microphone in hand at all times, Perch Perkins is ready to report and interview any and all things. Expect him to try to shove a mic in your face and try to pry some answers out of you. Be it relating to their current circumstances or something like "What is your favorite color" or "How many times have you been arrested"?
Other: A bird's eye view for the inhabitants of Bikini Bottom, Perch Perkins presents himself as someone who is well-respected and properly groomed to seem charismatic in the eyes of the Bikini Bottomites. Deep down however, he's an egocentric spotlight craving wreck who's always wanted his chance in the limelight and be the focus of the story, not just on the sidelines reporting. It's also said that his mental state is on a downward spiral. He'll also be constantly talking as if he's currently covering a live event, even when no cameras are rolling.

"This is Perch Perkins coming at you live, talking in a light lavender purple."
You know what they say. All toasters toast toast.

Name: Walt Disney
Age: IRL he was 65 when he died but this incarnation of him lived longer, so let's say he's around 121 years old; however physically-ish (by Toon standards at least) he's middle-aged.
Source Media: Disney as a whole
Abilities: Walt's body runs on Toon Physics so he can do the following-
  • Move any of his body parts in any unrealistic way possible such as stretching his limbs to the other side of the room, swallowing things that are much larger than his entire body and is very agile over all.
  • Cannot get injured easily and things that would severally injure a regular human (such as dropping an anvil on their head) only faze him slightly. Of course, he isn't entirely invincible as it is still possible to kill him, though it might take some effort to do so.
  • Create a giant paintbrush always covered in black ink from his body. Anything he draws from his paintbrush will be animated in both sense of the word here. He's a good cartoonist, so the drawings will be nice looking.
Other:
  • This is an alternate Walt Disney from another dimension; a dimension that happens to be quite fantastical and has living Toons running around. Like in OTL, Walt had lung cancer and was dying. Worrying about the future of his company if he were to die, Walt searched for a method that'll ensure his survival as his cancer treatment wasn't entirely effective. Seeing the invulnerability of Toons, their longevity and how they seemingly can't get sick as easily as humans, he decided that fusing with a Toon was the best option. Choosing his beloved Mickey Mouse as the host, Walt underwent a supernatural procedure where their bodies were fused into one. Now a Toon, Walt was cured from his lung cancer and continued running the company. Unlike the Disney of OTL where it became an international multi-media juggernaut, Walt made sure his company specialized exclusively to animation in all forms, the Disney parks and merchandise as late as 2022. On one particular day, strange portals began showing up in Walt's dimension and one appeared under him when he was in a meeting. Walt fell through the portal and ended up in Schadenfreude Studios. Realizing that he's in another world, Walt wants to get out of here as soon as possible and get back to his home world but becoming an animation star in another world seems tempting...
  • Walt is a charismatic man, passionate for his company and animation. While he personally prefers hand-drawn 2D animation, he respects all forms of animation and values them as well. He's also crafty and is capable of being cutthroat if the situation calls for it.
  • He's unaware of the state of his company in the world he ended up in (which is probably the same as the OTL version) and when he finds out, he won't be pleased to say the least, especially the Disney live-action remakes.
  • His dialogue text is blue and voice-wise, it varies from OG Walt to Mickey Mouse.
Alt of Cutegirl920fire Dusty Star
Name: Badgerclops
Source Media: Mao Mao: Heroes of Pure Heart
Abilities: Cybernetic eye which can do a lot of on-board calculations and calibrations for the sake of precise actions including cooking! Cybernetic arm which has many convenient modes; notable ones include a laser beam, a powered-up laser beam (dubbed the "Badger Beam," name in progress), a hammer, a grappling hook, a megaphone, and a cannon. It is detachable, extensible, but prone to liquids. It can also produce a forcefield, which behaves like a ball. A creative genius, clearly, and without creative outlets, it builds up into "Ultra Focus," a state of manic, illogical, and unreasonably quick inventing. He forgets it all the next morning.
Other: The (somewhat overly) logical mind of the group, Badgerclops also provides the muscle and tech to back up Mao Mao's sword. Though a bit emotionally vulnerable, Badgerclops acts as a mediator for Mao Mao's unique brand of aggressive heroism. Hates to bathe.
(He's the large one; credits unknown)

"Test, test, ooh, it works! Hey, Mao Mao! My text looks all brown!"
Just an FYI, we plan to close sign-ups off around Friday-Saturday and plan to begin the game shortly after. We have a maximum of six spots left, so if you want in, get it while you can before it closes.
Sign-ups will be closing Saturday night, so it's the last chance to sign-on to the game if you haven't already. Be sure to do so before then!
Guess who's back
Back again
Chey is back....

RUN TO THE HIIIIIILLSSSSSSS!!!
RUN FOR YOUR LIIIIIIIIIIFE!!!

Well, with that out of the way, here is my sign-up form. I figured it was long time for a comeback to the Murderverse. I've been going through a lot recently, so yeah.

Name: Grampy
Age: They never explicitly state his age in the cartoons, so I'm just gonna assume he's anywhere between his mid-50s to late-60s.
Source Media: Betty Boop
Abilities: He's an inventor capable of building all sorts of stuff out of whatever he sees.
Other: Grampy is a happy-go-lucky and cheerful old man who is always happy to help someone in need.

[Image: Screenshot_20221210-121234-01.jpeg]
[Image: Screenshot_20221210-121316.png]
That's a cast! Game will start soon.
Murdergames Characters
Frankie * Dr. Ruby Ramirez * Solanacae Bakersby * Sam BlackSelen(ium) * Reina Schultz * Dr. Francine "Frankie" Frankenstein * Lotta Schadenfreude

...Ok, revise that. We're postponing the start of the game about ten days from now to give people time to finish finals and all that entails. In the meantime, anyone else who wants to sign up can do so!
Murdergames Characters

Name: Dr. Doofenshmirtz
Source Media: Phineas & Ferb
Abilites: Is able to make "Inators".
Other: Doofenshmirtz is a scientist that tries to take over the Tri-State Area with his inators, but everytime he tries to succeed, he always gets defeated by Perry.
His dialogue text is Gray.
[Image: Doofenshmirtz_Portrait.jpg]
Hi, folks! We're planning to open up the game and game thread tomorrow night (CT/ET US). So find us then and there in the Murdergames section once we do that. :)
Murdergames Characters

We intend to open the game thread at 7:00 PM ET / 6:00 PM CT (US)
Murdergames Characters

And it's open! Signups are closed.
Murdergames Characters

Swapping my OCs for him...

Name: Coda
Source Media: OVNI/UFO
Abilities: Coda is very fragile. He can be killed in various ways, usually messily, from things that would be much less harmful towards humans. However, whenever he dies, he can turn back time into the last time he could prevent his last death. He also has a prehensile tongue that he could grab things with, a stomach that can store objects, and he keeps his broken saucer that he can actually use to knock other people out.
Other: Coda is a blue alien that crash-landed his flying saucer in the Mesozoic. During this time, he accidentally triggered the extinction of the dinosaurs. Since then, he has been wandering throughout the planet, trying to repair his flying saucer and return home as humanity evolves and human history unfolds. He travels throughout various historical events, and even meeting some historical figures in his various attempts to get home. While he has no actual dialogue, he speaks in blue here.

[Image: ovni.jpg]
Hiiii!
EeveeGirlChey has dropped out of the game, we have one spot open!
And Oggy dropped out as well, so make that two open spots