Dismiss this notice
Hey, guest! Welcome to Trouble Cube! Stay a while and chat with us!

Murder-Free II: The Portaling Revengeance
Cyan - Deep Storage 2
"Hydroxyl?!" Finch exclaims.

"And Jones, too," Vivi mutters, still keeping her focus as much on the anchor as possible.

"... Um, when it comes to those two in particular," Finch says, "I think most of the hotel would be okay with whatever happens to them. Not that I'm endorsing letting them starve to death, but..."
Cyan: Deep Storage 2

Not that you're endorsing it but you're totally endorsing it. Got it. Standard disavowal, I'll mark that down if someone decides to judge us for war crimes. Wait, which one's Jones and which is Hydroxyl? Neither ever gave a name. Well, maybe the fire elemental did, I didn't understand a word out of its mouth, and I'm not entirely sure it was even speaking words.

Kellensea waves her hand.

Ah, I'm sure it'll be fine. I bound the doors and secured the vents. Unless that lizard can make like, something to cut bolt-cutter resistant cables out of elevator grease and whatever else is in there, they're probably going to remain in there for a while. Hopefully until they TOTALLY DON'T STARVE, RIGHT? WINK.

Having just said the word "wink" to further underscore her blatant lying, she watches the spell-doing.
Shill for Weetabix
Political Scientist
But Still Cool.
(Probably.)
Cyan - Deep Storage 2
"... okay I feel like I need to clarify that I'm actually not endorsing letting them starve to death," Finch says. "... maybe Hydroxyl.

"Finch! No war crimes!

"Ugh, okay, fine, not Hydroxyl either! ... Can they even starve to death in the hotel, with its no-death-allowed thing?"

Vivi Elakha casts Interdimensional Anchor.

The designated area gleams with magical energy for a moment, then it fades.

"Beats me," she says. "Don't really feel like finding out. Jones is the lizard and Hydroxyl is the gasbag, also."

Oh. Alright then. You'll have to remind me to like, toss some vaguely food-like items in or something though. Jones is the lizard? Huh. I'd have thought the names would be the other way around. Any particular reason you and the others don't like them so much and would be vaguely interested in them starving, or are you just in a "let's harm someone" mood? If it's the latter, I totally get it.
Shill for Weetabix
Political Scientist
But Still Cool.
(Probably.)
Cyan - Deep Storage 2
"Jones got a lot of people killed in the very first murdergame, including me." Vivi shrugs. "I can't really hold a grudge about that, myself, but for some reason a lot of other people can. And from what Finch tells me, Hydroxyl did about the same in a later game, only he's a lot more of a self-righteous weirdo about it, plus he cut a deal with him to run more murdergames in exchange for not being executed when he was found out."

Oh. Okay, cool, got it. One's a killer who killed a bunch and the other's a killer who came up with dumb reasons for WHY they killed a bunch. I get why the second one is more annoying. People not admitting that they like it or at very least didn't see anything wrong with it, and coming up with bullshit reasons to justify themselves to a stupid unaccepting society-at-large. Like, you're known to be a killer, so it's not like coming up with dumb reasons is going to make you better liked among the enemies you've made. "Oh, I was in a cult and they mind controlled me to do it", "Oh, I don't know what came over me, I deeply regret it", "Oh, they were going to kill my family or friends or something" or what-have-you. Bullshit, you liked it. UGH. People... though the bargaining thing sounds alright, why are people upset over that? Like, he has the right to try to bargain.
Shill for Weetabix
Political Scientist
But Still Cool.
(Probably.)