Dismiss this notice
Hey, guest! Welcome to Trouble Cube! Stay a while and chat with us!

[Fin] Murder in the Mountains (End)
That's a very interesting nickname. Gamer?, Chip says about Bonus Boss Z

I'm sure she must be, right? That's dedication. Speaking of games... I hope the game is still on track while we're on honeymoon.
Murdergames Characters
Frankie * Dr. Ruby Ramirez * Solanacae Bakersby * Sam BlackSelen(ium) * Reina Schultz * Dr. Francine "Frankie" Frankenstein * Lotta Schadenfreude

Need a bigger bookshelf? Join me in The Library.
As more and more people exit their bedrooms and introduce themselves with each other, Sericle's room has not opened. It's unknown if she's actually still asleep or not.
Very interesting...first person to consume solid objects through liquid methods.

quote list
W H O T U R N E D O N T H E L I G H T S

E N D L E S S  F U N

ENTITY SUCCUMBED; INVALID

She's got three murders under her belt, views are gonna be skewed

Why are we here? We thought a hiking trip would be a great idea for a honeymoon.
Murdergames Characters
Frankie * Dr. Ruby Ramirez * Solanacae Bakersby * Sam BlackSelen(ium) * Reina Schultz * Dr. Francine "Frankie" Frankenstein * Lotta Schadenfreude

(07-16-2021, 02:27:11 AM)TalesofUnder Wrote: ...Why am I in the mountains? And perhaps more prudently, who are any of you?

(A rather androgynous-looking figure with short blue hair and fancy clothing is the source of that voice. If you were to hazard a guess, they were... probably male?)

"Hell you mean, 'why', you signed up for this trip same as the rest..."

It's not entirely obvious who said that.
Active characters:
Lucky (Party Two Treason, Murderverse Falls)

nya
Fucking got me, Lloyd says to the androgynous person.
I like bananas. They're yellow.
[...Seeing that nobody's talking to them directly, the little ghost decides to check on the unopened bedroom. It accomplishes this by...

...throwing its skeleton at the door? Wait, now the skeleton's waving a bone around like a club, trying to whack the door open.]
SYMPTOMATIC
THIS DISEASE
SO DRAMATIC
PANIC AUTOMATICALLY
The bone-whacking successfully opens the door.

Seems like Sericle's still tucked in her bed, but...what're those stains on her blanket?
Very interesting...first person to consume solid objects through liquid methods.

quote list

E N D L E S S  F U N

[Seeing that the door's successfully been opened, the spirit goes to retrieve their skeleton, hoisting it over their head and hovering over to check on Sericle. Upon seeing the stains on the bed, they falter a bit, confused.]
SYMPTOMATIC
THIS DISEASE
SO DRAMATIC
PANIC AUTOMATICALLY
YOU ARE IN THE MOUNTAINS BECAUSE THE OLD ONES WILLED IT, MORTAL!

Malakhiri's yelling is directed primarily at Jean, but also at everyone else, in some way.

THE SAME FOR ALL OF YOU! THE OLD GODS BROUGHT YOU TOGETHER HERE FOR PURPOSES BEYOND YOUR COMPREHENSION!

They flap their long-sleeves vigorously in front of one of the lights in the room to simulate... either the lights flickering or a lightning strike, or both. Then they press a button hanging from their belt and the "DUN dun DUUUHHHNNNN" sound effect plays.
I am the They who says it!
"Hey, robe person. Shut the fuck up if you don't wanna feel the wrath of my sword."
silver dollar, black smoke in my eyes
shattered glass, fallen fast, leave me paralysed
Am I having a fever dream or something? Did the mushrooms I eat before I got here have something in them?

Between the skeleton knocking the door down and Malakhiri's dramatics, Lloyd was increasingly feeling more and more stressed out. Too cold to smoke, and can't do it in front of people. He is getting more and more on edge.
Nellie heads up to Sericie, looking slightly unnerved at her. "Why are there stains on that hiker's blanket? Did they simply decide to choose a dirty bed, or is there something more sinister going on here like one of those... sorry, getting ahead of my self. And why is there a death cultist from one of those insane hellcirc... sorry, getting ahead of myself again."
"Gamer? Yeah, you could say that... I do enjoy gaming now and then." she responds to Chip. "But most of all, I aim to be a powerful fighter..."
Glitchy Bootleg Lasers
To be clear, Mitsuha is now where most of the others are. So yeah.

"Can we... can we please calm down... my ears hurt..."
[The ghost gives Nellie a very confused look and, for the first time since they've gotten here, finally speaks up.] "...it's okay... i get ahead of myself sometimes, too..."

[Meanwhile, the skeleton is trying to whack Sericle awake. Much lighter this time than when they were knocking down the door.]
SYMPTOMATIC
THIS DISEASE
SO DRAMATIC
PANIC AUTOMATICALLY
Hey, not so loud! I only just woke up. ...I suppose I should introduce myself, though.

(Jean takes a graceful bow.)

My name is Jean Greyerl. I am... er, was the personal butler of Newton Belduke.
Blue nods along. Agree; let's quiet down. And as for how we got here, I believe I'm here because I fled the zones, and ended up in some place beyond the desert eventually. And whatever old god the cultist's going on about? Not the one that saved me. Never knew the world could be so...they call it snow, right? So snowy.

and i may not be loved
but they'll always recall my name
out on the streets, but i do what i gotta do

...Sericle's not waking up. Either she's still too deep in her sleep or...something bad happened to her.

quote list

E N D L E S S  F U N

[...The ghost looks back up at Nellie, sighing.] "...they must be a heavy sleeper... i... feel bad for bothering them... i should probably just leave them alone..." [They turn around and head back to the main room with everyone else, not sure what's going on with Sericle and not sure if they want to find out.]
SYMPTOMATIC
THIS DISEASE
SO DRAMATIC
PANIC AUTOMATICALLY
"...I just wanted to go on a hiking trip. Totally normal and nothing beyond comprehension."

Amy snickers a bit. This death priest was so over the top it was... yeah, she found it pretty funny.
Stupid doomed timeline...
SILENCE, SCIENCE-MAN! YOU CANNOT COMPREHEND THE OLD GODS! THEY ARE BEYOND YOUR PATHETIC SWORD SWINGING SKILLS, AND I AS THEIR HERALD AM ALSO BEYOND THOSE! YOU WOULD SILENCE OUR VOICES, BUT THE SEVEN CIRCLES HAVE SEVEN TIMES INFINITE CORNERS! YOU COULD NEVER KILL THEM ALL, BECAUSE IT'S UNCOUNTABLY INFINITE!

Malakhiri is busy ignoring the whole "everything that doesn't involve talking about how great the seven circles are" thing going on.
I am the They who says it!
[The ghost takes one look at Malakiri and just throws the skeleton at them, whacking them in the head in an attempt to get them to shut up.] "it's too noisy... i can't tell what's going on..."
SYMPTOMATIC
THIS DISEASE
SO DRAMATIC
PANIC AUTOMATICALLY
...Are you sure we didn't book a comedy hiking trip, dear?, Chip asks
Murdergames Characters

[While Malakiri is doing that, he's just gonna. .snap a photo of them being a batshit insane cultist.]

"Jeez, why be so loud?"
silver dollar, black smoke in my eyes
shattered glass, fallen fast, leave me paralysed
Lloyd pulls out a 9MM pistol.

Would anyone object if I put a bullet in that death cultist's skull right now? Either that or just put one through my own brains....